Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Re: Floor Talk (Report Day) March 28

[ Edited ]

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Advisor
WCMO

Do you think anybody from USDA reads what we say on here?

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln
Community Manager
marketeye

Boy oh boy, the BEARS are out. Just read a story on our Dow Jones Newswire that has an analyst indicating Dec. corn falling to $4.45-$.50 in the fall and Nov. soybeans heading under $10.

Hmmm....

I guess the thought I am swirling around my brain is this one. I've never doubted all of the talk that fall prices could drop to low levels. But, if we are already starting the trek lower, in March, and the crops haven't even gotten out of the bag? What is possible for the fall?

Mike

Senior Contributor
highyields

well the USDA sank my Titanic.    How in the world did they come out with more corn stocks.  and we didn't feed as much in the 1st quarter with blizzards in the feedlot area, more cattle on feed and at a heavier weight.  

Anyway I had a dental appointment at 11:00 got out at 1:00 turned on the radio,,,,,,,,,I wanted to go back to the dentist.    

Happy egg hunting!!!

Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

And.........."Presto".......     the magical 300 million bushels has re-appeared..........These guys are good.....they put Sigfried & Roy to shame.

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"
Advisor
jrsiajdranch

OH WHIne WHine WHine! Corn droped a few cents and everybody starts screaming like they just stole your lollipop! LMAO!!!!!

Welcome to the livestock guys world. Milk is off about 15 to 20%. LiveCattle are down about 25-30 cents  Hogs are taking a beating again. all three of these entities have been losing money now for the last year and you guys get one down day and it's bring on the anti depressants!

It's not like the price is even below cost of production or anything you guys just lost a little of the fat.

Give me a break!

Hope that hillbilly from Indian bought dog food before the price drop other wise them doggies are gonna be on the cheap stuff over the weekend.

Senior Contributor
rightone

Re: highyields just to advise you the cof

[ Edited ]

is down 7% as comped to the year ago cof.

also cof at this time is 5% below the 5 year average for this time of year.

placements are 13% below 012 same frame.

wheat is the king of feeds for cattle anyway.

1st they graze it, then there's all that supposedly "off" wheat to buy cheap later.

wheat converts 10% better than corn too.

there are more hogs than 012,  those are the corn eaters.

usa is swimming in pork that seems pretty tough to export due to a cheap yen and other factors ( ractopamine meat residues ).

japan has imported 8.5% more usa beef this year thru march 15 vs 012.

and they have imported 12.5% less pork.

could be just a beef export preference ongoing.

Cost affective cattle for every environment here.
Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

I certainly hope the USDA reads this site.
Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

Jr,    Would you happen to know where we can get a little cheese to go with our whine?     Just tryin' to help the dairy guys out a little.     :smileyhappy:

You know that farmers are never happy......It's always too wet or too dry.      :smileywink:

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"