Ag Talk | Agriculture.com
Frequent Contributor
llakmf

Re: Floor Talk September 11

ECIN might as well go with the stars and the moon and everything else as to go along with wha the first liars had to say about potenial yields. East of the Missippi will not cut it to make up the smaking they are getting out west.

Community Manager
marketeye

ECIN,

Good group of students. I enjoyed the visit. One student told me that based on what he has learned about options, he is going to return to the family farm, following graduation, and help his dad use options more effectively.

We also have some interest for the Successful Farming Marketing Academy. So, good bunch of Agbusiness students.

I don't what to think about the cow jumping over the moon thoughts. I just thought you folks would enjoy chewing on it.

Mike

Advisor
c-x-1

so no meetings with Jen?:smileyhappy:

Community Manager
marketeye

There were a few Jens there. But, not the real Jen.

Seriously, times are good in the Red River Valley. I wish I could have bottled the excitement and energy from those young Agbusiness students. In particular, the young farmers that are clearly excited to get this education stuff out of the way so they can get back on the farm. And, I'm not talking about just their excitement to drive a tractor. They are fired up for the grain marketing and farm business side of the operation as well. So, farm country has a bright future.

One student was wearing a shirt saying "Top 10 Reasons to Be A Farmer".

Mike

Veteran Advisor
ECIN

LOL Mike - I think with this group - you could throw out anything and you will get a reply of some kind - lol

Anyway , Glad to hear your trip was a good one - I was just wondering hat the ratio was - girls to boys  ?  But when I was there age - it was almost 99 % guys in Ag or Ag classes -as of today - I have noticed each year more gals are in some of my training classes - There are more gals at the CCA conference as well as the profs in school to research .  AND they are ALL top Notch - great group of young menand women comeing on to take us old guys place !

Funny Story and True at that - lol  In July - I was at the Purdue Diagnostic Training and Research Center for all day classes - I got to meet  a GREAT group of young Men and Women out of Murrey St. - these guys and gals were VERY sharp !  

I told one of the guys that -- dang it - there just weren't to many in the class that was older than me - he said you keep this up ( as going to the classes ) that some day I would be  -- as in the the oldest , the guy with me LHAO at that one .

After we  signed out - we were walking out of the building - there   they were - they had waiited for Mike and      me to come out and shook your hands - i thought that  was pretty  cool - The new Ag is in great hands - that I do know !

Senior Contributor
giolucas

Amen. Thank you.    Now let me change my diaper.