Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

Re: Floor Talk September 12 (Report Day)

The time approaches when the markets are going to stop listening to these reposts.  Harvest should do it.  But if it doesn't we are setting ourselves up for another "great grain giveaway" ---------- and that will do it.

sw
Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

Gio ------------ you still on the bus.  A couple of sharp turns there.......

sw
Veteran Contributor
Kstater85

We will all come and go and what will remain is the USDA is the gold standard of production and usage information in the world.

Advisor
giolucas

[ Edited ]

I got out of half and still holding the others.  Maybe we barrel through 1410. Bullseye.

Senior Advisor
Shaggy98

I extended my corn puts about a week ago just to protect myself, looks like at this point it was a wise decision. Now whether or not a sell them while they are still worth something is yet to be seen.
Community Manager
marketeye

Shaggy98,

From experience and from what the experts say, don't forget to reward the market.

Mike

Senior Advisor
Shaggy98

I think I do reward the market every time I sell them cheap grain. HA. HA.

Hey thanks for chiming in, I have been trying to get OptionEye's insight on this helium issue rapidly approaching us. He is either avoiding the question or is not seeing my posts, any way you can relay the message to him?
Veteran Advisor
jennys_mn

I hate that "Reward the Market" phrase.  How many traders got slammed by todays market action, when we sarted 15 up, went 15 lower, then at 11:45 finally decided that the beans were bullish enough to take off.  I bought 1 additional contract of beans 30 minutes before the open, but took my profit figuring that maybe the market wasn't going to do much more, and was hoping to get back in a a lower price.   That was at 11:44.   Wrong move.  I left a lot of money on the table today.  Had it pegged right - just got impatient.

Jen

Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

Mike, I will have to admit that I believe my earlier statement more and more.  Everyone is scatching their heads over the corn numbers, however the bean numbers are just as questionable if not more so.   How can the ending stocks on soybeans be the exact same number on the last several reports?  The numbers on how they get to that 125 million bushel number are fabricated.   There is no doubt in my mind.  I would like to here some of the trader's thoughts on that one.

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"