Advisor
c-x-1

Re: Floor Talk September 4

ScreenShot045.gif

Senior Contributor
rightone

Re: Don't know Mike,

[ Edited ]

it's a late planted crop that is going to be harvested early.

There should be "quality" crops in areas and some areas going to be light chaffy stuff.

Would imagine total volume to be light this year.

The growing season was just to Extreme.

The crop even in the good areas simply needed 30 to 45 days of Decent "middle of the road" summer weather.

It just did Not happen this year.

It's harvest time now.

75 to 80% of the total will be done with harvest by the 1st week of Oct ( unless a flood or some other dam extreme deal pulls in ).

Cost affective cattle for every environment here.
Community Manager
marketeye

[ Edited ]

Released Wednesday, here are the latest U.S. Crop Estimates from FC Stone. What do you think? Screen shot 2013-09-04 at 3.00.43 PM (2).png

Senior Contributor
bkadds

Rightone--does an early harvest mean the trade estimates will be confirmed or not earlier than after the first of the year?
Frequent Contributor
tOTALED

Complete B.S. good luck East Central Ia 2.5 weeks agon180 potential corn on good ground now 140 maybe .Beans who Knows? Just stay in Chicago If you refuse to face reality goodbye

Advisor
time:thetippingpoint

The IN bean yield is ridiculously high. Reality is it will be closer to 41 (there are some good areas that received big rains in July/August).

As I said in the other post, those gents might want to get off the top of their elevator and go walk some bean fields.:smileysurprised:

Of course, once NASS prints a bad number they tend not to fix it. So, the IN number in the NASS reports will overstate production all year. They will just let the basis sort it out. Kind of like corn last year. Their county corn yield for our county was higher than EVERY one of the crop insurance claims filed. There is no need for accuracy in the end, just maintain the myth to the next crop year.

Veteran Advisor
ECIN

Dang it Time - I was hopeing my beans would be as good as last year ! - Average = 48 bpa - thanks to 3.7's and late rains - 

Hope to do like you in the next few days and scout some fields and see whats out there - Almost afraid too ! 

BTW  Did you get any rain last week ?  6.5 tenths here - alittle to late .

Ken

Advisor
jrsiajdranch

Guys are chopping corn in soiuxland. 65% moisture for corn planted may 10.
Community Manager
marketeye

[ Edited ]

tOTALED,

So, you don't necessarily agree with the new crop estimates? Is that what I'm gettin?

Mike

Veteran Contributor
mnvtfarm

According to FC us MN people are going to have even better yields than last year, boy am I lucky. I didn't think all those bare spots looked that good, maybe I'm wrong.