Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Advisor
vrbuck

Following the PFT

Nov beans should drop quite quickly down to the next support shelf of 9,80.  

Be prepared with hedges or shine up your storage bins for fall.

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

Re: Following the PFT

no mocking of these blessed scouts and Mr. Flory simply doing their job -- but with Mother N. firmly in Charge------------ --- following these numbers is kind of like following..........................................Alice in Wonderland? imho

at least 2/3 or more of these crops need a good 4-6 weeks more TIME to realize any resemblance of this fuzzy math......and sorry, this yr is difficult to reasonably compare with others in the past - re: scout tour, USDA, etc, oh - "the experts."

i'm not holding breath for any further drop in the soy or corn....just not in the cards anymore :smileysad:

Advisor
vrbuck

There are many years to follow as examples.  04, 94, 92,09.  All cool summers no one thought would finish.  Enter a warm late summer and fall with a late frost and the bins bust out.

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

ok, then...we shall see in a few months.

I'd at least say bin your crop instead of selling or hedging at these levels...pretty sure new meal made it's board low on report day last week, and SX - today.

thanks

Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Found a few cockleburs out back and they are busy making burrs. Might be close to end of first week of Sept when the ones that may have gotten missed are mature. The beans around here have 2 and a half weeks to get r done, the majority of the corn will probably be there too. We have a couple of 90's and a week of 80's coming. Over full tank of moisture to speed them along.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

That is pretty quick to get a full sized pod or corn grain?

then, starting about 8/29-8/30 some cooool temps get down into I states.

just saw 41* for a low on 9/2 = latitude - just east of Minneap.

Veteran Contributor
capinegro3901115

cx1 your right about sx putting in the lows until its makes a new low

Veteran Contributor
capinegro3901115

heat + rian = more grain

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

[ Edited ]

you 2 are pretty funny--really...intraday volume yesterday...also, guess y'all aren't aware of how widespread SDS is from south IA down into MO? -- some in Illinois, as well - could be elsewhere.

ask Hobby, but he's probably not talking, however.

i want the best for everyone, so vr if you produce - hope u have the bin space

cap - hope you don't hurt your clients bottom line much after all the help (seriously) i know you've been for them with the big downtrend.

the heat advisorys in the north will temporarily choke off respiration - couple decent heat days - then too cool again.

it's been a good downtrend -esp in corn - i don't see any more lows - S, SM, C, W - my rose colored glasses are off.

Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Man o man your sure a little ray o Sunshine there cx1

Being an original member of the doom and gloom club I can say you are head and shoulders above me. Problem is you are not quite right about what is out there.

Things are far from lost. The 10 Day forecast I saw this morning was quite favorable to crop finishing type weather.

My corn, beans, and burrs are all on the same maturity wave length. My worry is a heavy rain event/flood.
60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."