Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Senior Contributor
GoredHusker

Re: From the parlor pit 12-10

From everything I read and gather, it appears the D's seem to be the party of choice.  They believe in gay marriage, etc.  If this is so, then why are they fighting so hard against states trying to become "right to work" states?  Shouldn't employees be granted the exact same choice as to whether or not to belong to a union?  

Advisor
425Cat

Re: Why would you be interested

Makes a guy wonder how much representation a dues payer gets between the high salaries and the political contributions that are made with the money

Advisor
giolucas

Gored,

you hit it right on the head, a worker should have the same right to choose whether to join a Union and a Gay person should have the right to marry who they want, just the same a women should be paid equally like a man.  Equality right?  I am all for that.  Now we agree on something.

In terms of the worker not choosing to join the Unions but get all the benefits that the Union worker gets is not right either.  THere almost has to be two payscales and I could probably estimate that the non-Union worker will be paid cheaper not more.  

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

With all the WPS's we have today.........unions are a joke, and the only ones that benefit are the big fat shop bosses.........

Advisor
425Cat

If a union is a great union then everyone will want to join . If the union is inept so it goes. Just like School of Choice. You now have a choice.

Senior Advisor
kraft-t

re I agree in that is what you expect.

Someone else to pay your share!  Some horses simply don't want their turn in the harness.

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

Re: re I agree in that is what you expect.

[ Edited ]

Krafty.........just curious how big a harness you currently tow.......just how big a horse are you......

Just because someone doesnt want another 3 percent doesnt mean they are not pulling their weight.......

So is your yearly tax harness, 40K, 50K, 60K,..........more, less,...........??????

Advisor
425Cat

Re: re I agree in that is what you expect.

Interesting article on Drudge about the city of Detroit. Take some time and read and ponder the statistics. Now how do we fix

Detroit?? Would throwing more money at it fix it. Unions couldn't save Detroit.

Seriously how do we fix places like Detroit.

Interesting some of the divisive comments the article stated that Obama made while visiting there.

Senior Advisor
kraft-t

Re not that it is your business

[ Edited ]

But I buy Uncle sam a new lexus every year. I'm not saying which model but it's a nice little chunk and I am prepared to share the extra burden without whining about it. As You know I favor ending the bush tax cuts for everyone.

This horse has been in the harness since 1956. The tax policy of the last decade have been quite gentle on you and you expect it to continue for all eternity. It was never meant to be permanent tax law, not even when it was written. It was an republican iniative signed into law by G W Bush with an expiration date. Knowing full well that the legislation would have failed if passed as a permanent measure. No congress or president is in any way obligated to make that law permanent.

You might compare it to a generous landlord that gave you an 8 Year lease with a $100 rental rate. Anew landowner bought the property and extended the lease for another two years at the same rate. Now the new landlord wishes to raise the rates 3% and you are having a hizzy fit because the new guy is unfair.

Advisor
425Cat

Re: Re not that it is your business

Why are you  so eager to pay more taxes.?  Maybe we should cut spending a bit.