Veteran Contributor
bullrider685114

Garden spot ECB-Toaster

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=INZ045&warncounty=INC133&firewxzone=INZ045&local_...

It is done. Had great potential. Might be a tad over last year. County avg 61 bu/a corn 24 bu/a beans 2012 WC Indiana. Southern states harvest for corn already showing aflatoxin. Here we go again.

Senior Contributor
Wind

Re: Garden spot ECB-Toaster

The extreme weather of 2013 continues.  Here is the weather for central IA. http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=IAZ059&warncounty=IAC049&firewxzone=IAZ059&local_...

Veteran Advisor
ECIN

Bullrider ----------------------------------------- All I can say is ---- WHAT A F-ING PIZZER !

i WILL NEVER BE SO HAPPY AS TO ------- WHEN I CAN BE LIKE SW  !   i am sick of this job  !

Frequent Contributor
Sillinoisfarmer

Welcome to the wonderful world of farming ECI if we're easy everybody would be a farmer! Hurts like 60 to watch a great crop go down the tubes, so much potential right down the tubes! Like a Cubs fan "there is always next year" but still hurts though. My graddaddy always said " never count your bushels until they are in the bin and even then things can happen before you get paid for them". We have had crappy spring, cold summer and now no rain and heat-just freaking lovely! Wonder what is happening to the "knock your socks off yields" now? Hang in there old buddy the wheel always turns!
Senior Contributor
BF2012

I was worrying about storage. lmao

With my bean crop going to near zero and late planted corn with it....I'll have ample room.   Reality bites fellas, and it's going to bite some folks right in the "shorts" .

Those RMA guys are counting their bonus checks . . .  meanwhile, in the real world, some hefty payments are materializing right before our eyes.    

Old Jerry "Knock My Socks off Yields" is about to get a lesson Mother Nature style.    We're at 42 days of no rain....beans waist high with little podset and unfilled pods, they were flashing to white color this afternoon.   My corn last year on 900 acres was ZERO.   Beans averaged 12.   Never dreamed I'd be saying this, but another 30 days of this (which is forecasted) and bean yields will go below 2012.

Veteran Advisor
ECIN

I know SIL - You have always been a good friend -- But Dam it-  Putting heart and sole in to every year , then this dumb chit has to happ'n and happ'n and happ'n and happ'n and happ'n  -  Just skaken my head here -- lmao

Thanks

BTW when you get to be as old s me - one day you'll say -------- you know --- that ECI was one tuff S.O.B -- LOL

Senior Contributor
farmerguy89

You guys are in trouble. This thing is stuck over you guys...

I got the rain in Ontario... The crop is going to be big... If the sept 18 full moon doesn't do much DMg. I would hopefully only expect minimal yield loss.. Will know in 25 days
Veteran Advisor
r3020

bullrider685114 wrote:

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=INZ045&warncounty=INC133&firewxzone=INZ045&local_...

It is done. Had great potential. Might be a tad over last year. County avg 61 bu/a corn 24 bu/a beans 2012 WC Indiana. Southern states harvest for corn already showing aflatoxin. Here we go again.

Hey rider, what part of the west are you in? I'm about 45 miles south east of Indy. Seems like the rain gets almost to Indy then just dies. Usually comes down from the north. I would think most parts of the state north and west of Indy would have decent crops. I sure know what you are talking about. 3 weeks ago I thought we were fine. Now it has all turned to crap.

extremism: Spending dollars yet to be earned by children yet to be born.

The country will heal when the people riot to be free of the government not when they riot for the government to give them more for free
Veteran Contributor
bullrider685114

30 miles due west of Indy. No expense spared on this crop. Potential was as good as 2004. Just 3 wks late. Still hoping that something breaks this pattern and quick for soys sake, but not gonna hold my breath. Sold a small amount Friday on the close. That will be it. Strong long now.

Frequent Contributor
Sillinoisfarmer

Yes BF2012 I know what you mean about three weeks ago I was looking for a better way to get my "massive" crop to market. We still use gravity flows and grain trailer and I was going to pull the trigger on a nice 10 wheeler now I am glad I didn't! From here on out my billfold is going to be tighter than a steers butt during fly season. Lol. I can not imagine what next week this crop will look like. Just north and west of me they got an inch and a half of rain but here we had a little more than a trace. If we could of got the corn in two weeks sooner, oh well. I really think my beans would make better hay than grain if we get what they say we are going to get. Any one who is really a farmer on here knows if these high temps land in the middle of the corn belt the fat lady will be belting out the coda.