Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Veteran Advisor
Palouser

Gensler up for CFTC 2nd term - maybe

It is really quite pathetic. He's apparently been told or signaled that he won't get any other economic post available in the administration after he requested to be considered, and it's not positive that he will even get the second term. While I guess it would be hard to make progress w/ the CFTC mess he seems particularly inneffective to me. The CME and insiders are running the show. And this administration just doesn't make the moves to hold institutions accountable. At least Gensler is not as smart as Wendy Gramm, wife of Phil Gramm of Texas, who allegedly rigged a CFTC administrative judge to deliver the outcomes she wanted and went on to become director at Enron and on the internal 'auditing committee' before it imploded and the Gramms ran for cover.

Just remember, futures are for the American farmer.

Senior Contributor
pritchh

Re: Gensler up for CFTC 2nd term - maybe

Futures are for the American Economy.

Farmers can hedge, reducing risk and collecting excess spec premia.

Futures facilatate greater ag production- good for all.

Phil and Wendy  Gramm are very good people, met them once.

"supposedlies" are everywhere. 

Maybe the next CFTC head will disalowe the sale side of futures?

Veteran Advisor
Palouser

[ Edited ]

I'm quite sure Gensler is 'good' too.

Contributor
Vailcat

If Gensler would have gone after Corzine he would get my vote. He is just a pawn of the administration playing part of political hack.
Why did Corzine get off so easy or completely even though he commingled funds? I don't get why this doesn't get more attention or for that matter any at all. People's money was stolen and not a single person that I am aware of is going to jail.
Gotta love the democrats who are billionaires!!!!! Most pathetic bunch of people on the planet! Do as I say not as I do
Veteran Advisor
Palouser

Ahhhh, so the true axis of evil is Gates and Buffet getting together to give their money away to improve the health and well being of millions and the 'Republican' billionares are wearing halos? Give me a break.

EVERY administration gives their rich friends a break after they plunder it seems. Corzine isn't out of the woods yet. He may serve as the token villian. After all, he crossed farmers - not all of society. That's a hangin' offense.

Advisor
Red Steele

Politics belongs in Ag Forum

Democrats = Good

Republicans = Bad

We hear you , Pal. Just take it to the Ag Forum and leave your political viewpoints there.

"Peace on earth would mean the end of civilization as we know it" Joseph Heller
Veteran Advisor
BA Deere

Re: Politics belongs in Ag Forum

A good man knows his limitations, Red.  Only the strong survive the "forum" pit :smileyhappy:

We shouldn`t have to light a candle to see the Sun.
Veteran Advisor
Palouser

Re: Politics belongs in Ag Forum

You are jumping the gun w/o reading what I said - considering Gensler is a Dem. I was responding to the political - not injecting it.

And I agree on your views of keeping out the political on this forum though few seem to care.