Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Senior Advisor
kraft-t

I don't care what the report says

I'm holding out for $8 ................... beans!

Advisor
giolucas

Re: I don't care what the report says

Too funny. Cracking up!!!!
Senior Contributor
gurly3801539

While I do care what the report says odds are the sun will set Friday evening and rise on Saturday morning and we will all adjust and go on from there.

Veteran Contributor
ncil

Love it.

Years ago when an neighbor missed $14 beans he put them in a bin and refused to sell them til they were $14 again.

Needless to say he took those beens to the grave with him.

Helped his son load that mess out at a huge discount to be blended with lots or good beans many years later.

Hard headed (choose your nationality) farmer.

I'm sure you all have a similar local story.

Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

Ncil,------- great example

I got one thought to add to that ------ and marketing is our least risk issue--------- producers will make big decisions over $6.92 corn versus $7.08, yet the difference selling 100,000 bushels is less than 2% of the total.

I dont think anyone can go out of business marketing without trying, as long as they are marketing only what they raise.  But we can sure go out of business when we can't raise anything to market.  And as you say not marketing at all.  A friend just this morning said there is no price till you sell it.

sw
Advisor
idalivered

Good plan , don. Just think how much less income tax you'll pay! I'm holding for 9.

Veteran Advisor
Nebrfarmr

I'd give you $8 for your beans, and even arrange for a truck to stop by and pick them up.

No need to wait.

Senior Advisor
kraft-t

My wife's uncle

Hired his beans combined and augered them into a new double garage. My son was a mere infant at that time. After he died, we hauled those beans to town and my son was 18 years old. The beans had a few spoiled beans on top but suffered no discount.

I don't know how many times I asked him when he was going to sell those beans. His response was that he could not sell cattle and beans in the same year. He would have to pay taxes and the gubbermint just wasted it.

Uncle lwrence would not buy land at inflated prices. He was waiting for land to get cheaper and he would buy.

When he died he had his land was appraised at $2700 per acre and one of my landlords offered $2000 and the estate would ot accept it. Two years later the wife and I bought it for  $875. I often wondered whether land prices were getting cheap enough for uncle lawrence. I guess he checked out a bit too soon.

Senior Advisor
kraft-t

It's good we can laugh at ourselves

Other wise we would be in tears!