Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

I feel so refreshed

[ Edited ]

Third time today water has ran off of my roof. No dust to be had today.

Down here in South Podunk Country we are always only 10 days away from a

drought so it is nice to get a postponement. An 9 day no moisture event would

be welcome 'bought now.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Senior Contributor
Mike M2692830

Re: I feel so refreshed

Last summer I wore off the radar key on my smart phone watching to see if a storm was heading our way. Wearing it off some more for the opposite reason. Monday I knocked down some snow banks I made last Thursday with my skid loader wearing a tee shirt. Something wrong with that picture. Lawn needs mowing but I refuse to move snow and mow lawn all in the same 7 day period....MikeM
Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

Get much rain at you Kansas farm Hobby? We've had right at 1.25" here in Central Kansas over the last couple days. Calm winds and mid 60's right now, setting us up for a gorgeous evening.
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

OFF TOPIC:

Does anyone know where a "HOBO" ripper might be had?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

About 3/4 on the north one and the others got closer to what you got.

A little shower just went through an hr ago and left a little more. :smileyhappy:

Still only have an 18 to 22 inch profile. Only half enough to think about

being able to have plans to have to harvest anything but a ins ck.

Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

Maybe just enough to get off to a good start. Hopefully get some in season and surprise us all. Good luck.
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

More than we had last week. 

Got some pesky weed problems that come with buying farms that have been rented out for decades.  (bindweed)

Planning on waiting about another week to plant a non GMO crop. The weeds are just starting to get with the program and with next weeks warm weather and wet feet they should be activlely growing when the 48oz of Glypos and 2 4-d pays them a visit :smileyhappy:

We got 2/3 of them last year and if we get another 2/3 this year life will be good on the Hobby acreage.

BTW: thanks for the kind words in a couple of your posts.

Veteran Contributor
kyu2852570

Wouldn't a pre with 24d a month ago be a lot smarter than letting them grow then spray?
Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

[ Edited ]
Any time Hobby, glad to do it. Amen on the bindweed issues. I've got a couple farms I've been at battle with them as well as kochia and red root pigweed. Switching to no-till really brings your existing weed bank front and foremost. I had a couple no-tillers tell me each year it will become a little easier, I believe it. Not as bad as I was last year and we've had waves more moisture this than last. Makes a late fall season burndown with residual control look like one of the more important operations. Have a good one. Shaggy

PS, 48 oz. Gly, you really aim to kill don't you.
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Just following.Sim's recamendations . A qt will not do it.

To kill bindweed it has to be up and be actively growing. Nothing pre I know of will get it..