Highlighted
Advisor
Accepted Solution

I like the seasonal a on the grain market

I like them so much I bought half my corn and beans back.
Senior Contributor

Re: I like the seasonal a on the grain market

Buck, is it possible the bears get christmas?  Seasonals are not that strong.  What do you make of the head and shoulders in beans? 

Frequent Contributor

Probably 2 corn contracts and 1 bean contract equal your 1/2

Advisor

The head and shoulders as a fake signal it should break out of it I would stick with the seasonals into to the spring
Advisor

If the market at strong in the spring test it and see how it acts into summer because the seasonals could be strong into June or July.just don't get ahead of yourself stick with the seasonal to the spring for right now.
Advisor

can you elaborate on what you veiw as "seasonal"?? thanks

Advisor

seasonals show a decline from april, may,june into the fall or winter of the year.  The funds usually buy the seasonal lows of the fall or winter into the buying planting of the spring ( april, may, or june).  If any weather hickups occur we would look further into the summer seasonals.   We bottomed earlier then buck assumed but should buy acres into spring.  Looks like buck made another good call with the correction and bought a good setback.  Buck doubts we are looking at a head and shoulders sell here.

Veteran Contributor

vrbuck wrote:

"We bottomed earlier then buck assumed but should buy acres into spring.  Looks like buck made another good call with the correction and bought a good setback.  Buck doubts we are looking at a head and shoulders sell here."

According to "buck" all fall of 2014, it was just going to keep dropping!  Now you call it bottoming out earlier than assumed, LOL!  Nice try...
Btw, if you don't recognize the head and shoulders, thats fine... We need guys like you to take the loss on the breakout!

Advisor

I'm loving this rally. I won't fight with the seasonal tendency. We are going to rally, there are just bigger trends at play here than supply and demand.

Also, way oversold, remember?
Advisor

4.60/bu here now! Finished some fields, did some proving: gr 5 but **bleep** good