Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Senior Reader
bear1955

Is $4.00 - $4.50 gonna be a "good" corn price?

We seem to be on a free fall and I can't think of anything that would scare this crop higher before or during Harvest.  We have acres, moisture and time.

Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Re: Is $4.00 - $4.50 gonna be a "good" corn price?

If it's bad here, Just imagine being 500+ miles on bad roads raising a crop in Brazil.

With transportation eating most of the gross.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Contributor
Riverlandfrmr

If you raise 200 bu corn it is. If you raise 100 bu it is not. If it dos not rain in the next few days most of ours in central mo. will be an ins claim
Veteran Advisor
jennys_mn

Bear1955, you must look at total moisture maps different than I do. As far as your acres and time, we'll see.

Jen
Veteran Advisor
BA Deere

Well, the $4 crowd has the Big Mo right now, but Black Swans don`t exclusively come out to dance for the Bulls.  Bears have them in their show too.

We shouldn`t have to light a candle to see the Sun.
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

It might be the price but "good", not with the new improved prices on inputs.

You suppose the suppliers of fert, seed, equipment are going to roll back prices 40%?

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Contributor
iowastateisgreat

Fert prices have already come down some. Land prices, either rental or purchase, are the big budget item that willl need to adjust. Not going to be as much fun but we will adjust one way or the other.

Senior Reader
bear1955

You may be right, I sure hope you are!  I am in North Central South Dakota, and thing look very good here, MN, and up in the RedRiver Valley.  Even western SD corn looks fine.