Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Advisor
giolucas

Limit up Corn!!! Finally.

With all this terrible weather we are experiencing, is this the week we start seeing big moves up on Corn?? I think the market has been trying for a long time to handle all the bad weather news and traders/investors have not taken action on that information.   We all know there is a long growing season but now it is June 2nd and my neighbors in Dixon, IL are freaking out with the swamp they have on their land.  

I normally trade Beans but I might be swinging for the fences on Corn.  

Senior Advisor
ECIN

Re: Limit up Corn!!! Finally.

Nope !   It's WAY to early --  stick with your beans

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

where did you get that info gio,

i have down 2 cents pre -mkt orders on ladder.

thx,

c-x-1

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

[ Edited ]

N - Z  is working again +2

N opening +1 to 1^6

Advisor
giolucas

Cx,

I should have put a ? after Finally.  I am wishfully thinking it.

Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

Gio, if one must take a swing it might as well be a swing for the fence. Hold your thought, it must just me needed in the near future.
Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

[ Edited ]

no,

i just kinda responded to your headline....when i re-read it, better understood what you meant - your feelin' it man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yah, IL was hammered Fri with the wet stuff......i bet it's like a swamp.

c-x-1

**interesting info from the south central MN farmer (new poster) 25% done w/ Corn and stuck in a wet hole.......................from the weekend thread.

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

[ Edited ]

N is up 4^4 gio------maybe on to something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SRW NOT CONCERNED W/ gmo bs up 4

Advisor
giolucas

Shaggy,

When I was single without kids I would swing for the fences and I had Margin calls like crazy.  But now that I have three kids, mortgages, bills and living expenses I try to pick places where I do go for the fences.  I get murdered sometime but that is part of the game.  Consistent base hits are not bad to produce in this game.

Cx, 

It rained heavy this weekend.  At times it was a downpour.  I was in Dixon to pick up some stuff and talked to my neighbor,  We chatted about what he planned to do with his little lake he had in the middle of the field.  He said jokingly that he might open up a summer camp, with boating and other aquatic activities.  

Senior Contributor
Blacksandfarmer

Giolucas, Im not sure we see limit up tomorrow. I would think a small rally is expected though. Will the trade view the rain as WAAAY too much in Iowa and Missouri, or trade rain makes grain for the other areas of the cornbelt? The corn in Indiana, Ohio, southern Michigan and parts of Illinois should be doing well FOR NOW. Its tough to tell just looking out my back window. Just a guess, but if we have a chance of seeing $6 new crop corn it would be this week and maybe the couple weeks around pollination.