Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Veteran Contributor
Mike NCIA

MUst read article

Advisor
Faust100F

Re: MUst read article

Mike great post!  This matter was brought up ( I think) a few weeks ago on this site after attendence to the Farmland Exp in DSM, or maybe an article was posted, where it was discussed by the weatherman making his presentation.  It appears that the jet stream traveling over these reactors which cannot be shut down til robots are built to shut them down, is picking up the radiation and is spreading it in California Eastward, the band is targeting the corn belt.  

From what was discussed the alfalfa in California being fed to milk cows has already started contaminating the milk with radiation, and it is being found in soils now East of the Rocky Mountains.   It is a major threat that the news channels want to ignore, the USDA wants to Ignore.  In my mind it is would be like having one of the nuclear reactors in Omaha leaking and drifting into Iowa but no one mentions it.  

I think last week on this site there was also posted a fish from the area of japans blown out nuclear facilities that was caught off the coast of Japan, and had 500 times the radiation a normal fish would have.  Soooooo . . . soon we may be witnessing health problems from the plume blowing East from the land of the Rising Sun.  Adios Amigo. John

Veteran Contributor
Mike NCIA

Yeah, I saw your post from the land seminar and that got me to google radiation readings in the northwest US and low and behold all the stations websites were shut down........hmmmm

Senior Contributor
tree fmr

The references are wikipedia and thedailybeast.com.

BUT, I read it on the internet so it must be true, right?

Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

A french model-------------????

sw
Senior Advisor
Jim Meade / Iowa City

It must be a slow news day on the marketing front.

Frm the US EPA web site.

"The Fukushima Nuclear Plant in Japan, damaged by a major earthquake and tsunami, released radioactive materials into the environment. RadNet deployed portable monitors in Alaska, Hawaii and the Pacific Territories, and accelerated its sampling and analyses schedules for air filters, precipitation, drinking water, and milk. RadNet detected miniscule quantities of radionuclides associated with the Fukushima accident. A thorough review of the data shows that the levels were thousands of times below any level of public health concern and continuing to decline, so RadNet resumed its routine sampling schedule."

I know something about radiological fallout, as I was in Munich when Chernobyl went up and on one day, due to winds, we kept the kids indoors but other than that it was business as usual.  We got some milk from the East Bloc then and it was tested and found to be OK.

If you mess up your marketing it is not because you got some Japanese radiation.