Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Mexico Corn Bill A Market killer?

Iowa's longtime Senator Chuck Grassley tweeted out his response to the Mexican Senator saying "no mas" to U.S. corn. Grassley's tweet reads:

"Mexican senator intro bill that will hurt US Ag Must enter Mexico negotiations w eyes WIDE OPEN Consequences will hurt farmers first."

Honored Advisor

[ Edited ]

They have a shock jock

We have Captain Obvious.

The problem may not be with Mexico as much as it is with us.

We have able bodied people that will not work, 

We have formerly able bodied people that are burned out on drugs.

We have an entitlement mentality.

We still have those jobs we want done that are that many in this country will not do.

Two things are gonna happen  a) someone's gonna find a way to deliver the dope to a willing consumer

B) someone with a work ethic and no future at home will try to get that job...

Advisor

So, Hobby, you are saying that if Mexico quits buying our corn we will have more illigal imigrants and the people in the states will stay on drugs?  

That tells me I'd better buy an autonomous tractor that doesn't burn hemp.

Honored Advisor

Jim how did you arrive at your translation of my post.

Veteran Advisor

[ Edited ]
Veteran Advisor

Hey EC....

when soybeans are trading for almost $4 over the November futures contract like they were back in 12/13

well, a lot of things that seem "impossible" become feasible....

now, I understand the frustration, but in the end would you rather have the crushers using product even if it came up the river and trucked to the processor rather than having the processor shut down and the animals either go hungry, get slaughtered, or find a substiute they might consider using some of when the hoopla is over......??

Senior Advisor

Re: Hey EC....

Well Ray - It depends on what country were talking about -  from what I have heard - most here go's to export - there was beans here  to be bought - but uping the basis go into " THERE " margins -  But then again - we don't have " margins --- I guess

Veteran Advisor

having been through several "just about run the system out of grain" situations in the 25 years I was in the industry...

there is always a pool of grain that is "unbuyable" for a variety of reasons

$20-25 wheat a few years ago confirmed that

Senior Advisor

Yea Ray , your right on that - But Things are a little different on my side of the river - I remember several time's -- many years ago - ole Ken was going to make a killing on corn ! Most of our corn - use to head to the South East for birds - and as soon as the price headed north - then the bird people would import corn , wheat ,  from S.A. , where ever - - even when the bins where full around here . Still amazes me how that works - just kills us here .

Veteran Advisor

is that imported corn coming in this year since there is a VOM problem.....or is it just the grain from the western cornbelt that is keeping you from hitting the jackpot??