Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Frequent Contributor
north ia farmer

NIA update

Well we had 2-4 inchs snow back on 4-22 and 1.2 inchs of rain and by 4-27 corn was being planted here in NIA.I think there would of been a lot more corn put in the ground but most were waiting on this system to move out.If the NIA forecast holds I would look for planters rolling about Monday or Tuesday of next week.I would look for 90% of NIA corn to be in the ground by 5-12 if the forecast holds.Here in NIA we have have around 5-6 inchs of rain and 8-9 inchs of snow in April and it's a long ways from being to wet.Wow guys got the big head again Monday with grain running hard and they were back in the I'm not selling mood.Funny how when the market is down they have nothing to sell but then we get that big up day and wow that **bleep** coon -hit bin full of corn.If we can get some heat and keep this moisture coming It should be a big crop coming in NIA. 

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

Re: NIA update

so, you up for a steak dinner challange

FYI, be sure to get boot pit #2 cleaned by noon

Frequent Contributor
north ia farmer

what are you thinking Tiger?

Community Manager
marketeye

12-18 inches of snow expected for southwest Minnesota? Wow!

Mike

Senior Contributor
farsider

Now Mike that is a dry snow I'm sure, they might be planting in it right now.
Senior Advisor
kraft-t

My operator tells me he has plant a pattern tiled 80 that i own and he was putting 28% on the rest yesterday. They expected a 2-3 inches of rain last nite but I haven't talked to him today That being case palnting should proceed rapidly when and if it dries up.

24 row planter so the acres,get covered quickly.

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

Yeap, 24 rows can cover acres very fast..........course that's a good and a bad thing......

Used to be with 4, 6, and 8 rows a day mistake added up to a 40 or 80 acres mistake.........today its a 200 or 400 acre mistake........
Frequent Contributor
jjoseph

got 200 acres in yesterday really good conditions. have 6" of heavy wet snow on top of it today.

SW MINN
Frequent Contributor
north ia farmer

krafty you can sure tell your an old buck thinking a 24 row planter is huge.Looks to me your so called operater was having fun in that feild. As of yet olny 1/2 rain.

Veteran Advisor
Red Steele

if I was going to get into the custom planting business, I would plant those acres just before the cold weather, too. Heck, if you get a small enough stand emerging, you might get paid to do it all again.

"Peace on earth would mean the end of civilization as we know it" Joseph Heller