Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Frequent Contributor
north ia farmer

Not Looking Good

for flooding the streets of Woden as of now and this week.I would say we have had maybe 3" of moisture since the middle of July of 2012 and 2 of that was after Christmas.I sure could use a good 4-5" of rain over the next 4 weeks.It wouldn't surprise me if somebody isn't out playing in the dirt by end of the week with forecast.Hell who knows maybe in 4 weeks when we want to plant we will have to **bleep** much.Sometime life is a bitch.

Advisor
rayjenkins

Re: Not Looking Good

Couple of guys working ground near Ankeny, IA on Saturday....

Senior Advisor
BA Deere

Cheer up NIa farmer,  if Mother Nature keeps the nat yield below 150 that wouldn`t be the worst thing in the world.  Those hoping for all this "+95mil acres and +170 yields and 2 billion bushel carryover" probably wouldn`t like what they git, because that could put a lid on things longer than your longest contracts. Was talking to 2 bigshots about the high price of good used tractors, I thought everyone would buy new and there would be a glut of used.  They said `Deere and CIH limit the number of machines they manufacture, you have to order new and pay list price..like Harley-Davidson did`.  Well us farmers ain`t that smart to limit production on our own, sometimes Mother Nature must feel sorry for us dummies.  The key to happiness is being satisfied with what we get.

Frequent Contributor
tim7781

Dry in Southern Minnesota. We had an inch of rain in February but ground was froze and it all ran off into creeks so we are still waiting on moisture.The last  major storm  before that was the end of July. Would be intresting to see how large of a area this is happening in.

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

pick your poison............its called the 164 or 14 challange..........they say major cornbelt droughts start in the SE.........HMMM, lot of pretty colors down there............they also say upwards of half the crops moisture needs are met with profile moisture...........HMMM, not much of that in many areas..............now theres a reason corn was not historically grown in the western and upper plains..........can't remember what it was, but I think it had something to do with weather..............o and for the record, I am not wishing a disaster for anyone, I am simply trying to insert a dose of reality...........something I have tried to do since August of 2010........some might say with limited success..........

5yrcomp.gifaddpcp.gifdrmon.gifseason_drought.gif

Frequent Contributor
tim7781

Thank you Mizzou great info. 

Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

the next 4-6 weeks are big--------if nothing changes 2012 is going to prove out the maps

sw
Contributor
TSumbra

Cheer up. Maybe by the 20th it turns wetter http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/sample.shtml?text=kest
Frequent Contributor
north ia farmer

tiger was listening to a little Johnny Cash this morning while ready your post and thought this fits the bad ass tiger.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IJw9jid5Yk

Tiger things could get very interesting if your map is correct.One thing I don't like is that big brown turd right over NIA.

Frequent Contributor
north ia farmer

I think Mrs NIA will cheer me up.She just came down and said let's go have some fun playing this.:smileyvery-happy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--QtMVKQyc8