Senior Advisor

Nothing to see here folks.

[ Edited ]

image.png
Contributor

Re: Nothing to see here folks.

I was looking at those a couple days ago. Huge difference from last year.
Esteemed Advisor

[ Edited ]

It can't really be that bad in Iowa can it?

For Ohio both maps look to be almost alike.   This could not be further from the truth.  At least in my neck of the woods, the two years have been totally different.

Senior Advisor

Have no idea what past accuracy says about these maps

What I do know is apparently MO is a garden spot this year. Well my corn was about 50 over APH last year and will likely be 25ish over IF we get some more rain. So if we weren't the garden spot last year and ran 50 over and this year we are with less of a crop. Well math tells me this crop is pretty average at best which puts it in the mid 150's. And that's assuming it rains before the end of July.
Honored Advisor

I wonder how accurate that is, because you could draw an oval from about Austin Minn to Blue Earth up to Mankato down to the Minn/Ia border that should be colored blue because that`s every bit as good as last year.   And they have had a 3" here and a 4" there deal, they are set for a month...their corn is made without another drop.  All the while we`ve been skirting around with a .2" here and a .5" there deal.

It`s really showing up here too, hills are pinappling,  we`re just set up to need those weekly 1/2" rains and so far been squeezing  only 2/10ths, so it`s starting to take a toll, especially today +90º , no rain til Tuesday, then .35", for some pineapples that will be too late and I doubt that .35" will materialize.  There will be pollination issues.  The smart money will sent corn limit up Sunday night.

Advisor

The mantra for southern Iowa come harvest will be:, those high overnight temps must have hurt the crop more than we thought.

forecast.JPG
Veteran Contributor

I'll see your forecast and raise you one

NC_300.jpg
Esteemed Advisor

Those two forecasts might just leave a mark.

Visitor

Those look like typical central Texas forecasts and we expect our yields to be half as good as Midwest when we have a good year. Warm nights limit production even when there is irrigation.
Highlighted
Advisor

New update, add more heat, both day and night.  What, is there some saying...corn is made in July???  Sweet corn has a mighty swallow kernel here. Need to go look for some from the 'garden' parts of Iowa, and there are plenty of them that have never been short of moisture.

59715276_Position1.JPG