Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

OK how about a few Iowa crop picts?

Taken this evening at dark.

Four stalks of corn only 7 ears, must be the refuge in a bag one that was the slacker?

ResizedImage_1378085102817.jpg

Beans still have a chance here at the Hobbyfarm.  They could have benifited from a rain of more than one or two tenths this morning as they are still growing but have finally started putting "bumps" in a few of the pods. the corn was backed off to 26100 and the beans were planted in 30's @ 120,000

ResizedImage_1378085119478.jpg

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Senior Contributor
Wrestler

Re: OK how about a few Iowa crop picts?

Your post would have meaning if you didn't constantly chirp about GMOs. You now have egg all over your face and lost any/all credibility. Keep taking pictures though.
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Head up your azz syndrome showing again dude

You should get help for that

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Why not go back to NAT?
You might be more st home over on the BASH board
Don't let the door hit you in the tush on the way out

Senior Contributor
Blacksandfarmer

Nice pics hobby, you have some nice looking crops. 26,100? What is your normal planting population in corn? Do your neighbors think your crazy taking crop pictures in the dark LOL!?

Senior Contributor
BF2012

It's not dark yet

[ Edited ]

but the leaf canopy is so dense sunlight can't get in.   I'm sure those beans are over 7' tall and the corn probably looks like something out of Jack in the Beanstalk.   That Kodak Brownie camera probably didn't help the situation.   Hope you didn't burn your fingers when you changed that big blue flash bulb between shots.

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

Re: It's not dark yet

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry, but all I can picture with the allowance of FREAKSHOW on here is "Pulp Fiction" w/ the characters' Zed,  and a bitchy Gimp -- all that sicko stuff --

somebody call the psych lock up ward....please!!!

Senior Contributor
tree fmr

Nice lookin crops hobby. Home you get that rain you need. Then send the extra over my fields!!
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Sorry guys for that little ugliness toward wrestler, he deserves it putting out crap and lies and not contributing anything meaningful.

I have not been against GMO, just the direction the breeders seem to be pursuing in general plant selection and type. Nothing about GMO's.

As far as population this year as to where I have been planting. The last several years I had been in the 28,000+ range. It just didn't feel like a bumper Katy bar the door year this spring to me. I also live in an area that more years than not come up short moisture from July 10th through Aug 20th. Seems to have happened again.

As far as the corn picture above you only would have to go about 150 feet to find an average of half of what is in the area that pict was taken.

But with keeping politically correct with the USDFA's pie in the sky #'s I mostly need to post only picts of those kinds of aberrations.

Wasn't quite dark yet but the flash on the "brownie" did go off . Had been out pulling weeds in the beans again till almost dark.   

The bean pict is not cherry picked, I am expecting a 50+bu yield out there and think it will be much above what will be found in many parts of Iowa this year.

Going to be interesting to see if there is any statistacal difference between the liberty, RR1, and RR2 beans this year. The RR1's had the early "look good" advantage. We'll see what the combine finds in a month.

The Liberty beans are the weed free ones. first pass was with 30 oz, second pass was with 22oz of liberty herb.

The RR ones got 48 oz then 32 oz and still a few escapes.

Contributor
Riverlandfrmr

Agree with lower pop. Here in Mo. Most years I always plant 25k. This yr. bumped it to 29k and now wish I had not. With lower pops I am one of the few around that does not have a corn reel.