Highlighted
Veteran Contributor
Accepted Solution

Oklahoma TX, Kansas drought

How are your crops in these areas???? Spoke to son in law in southwest oklahoma and he said their wht. Is dead!!!!
Veteran Advisor

Re: Oklahoma TX, Kansas drought-a little relief? current radar

current radar.gif

Veteran Contributor

Re: Oklahoma TX, Kansas drought

Thx- c-x I should have posted a month ago😳can you send weed killer and fertilizer too😎
Veteran Contributor

Currently working north of Enid, OK and live near Wichita, Ks.  Wheat has a 30 day rain window here that will make or break it.

Veteran Contributor

Hey dafeeder!!! I'm southwest of enid 45 miles!! I think 2 more weeks here and we will be toast!!!!??? If it rains today crop will be 75 % of norm!! But I have been wrong before??🍞🎻
Veteran Advisor

i could send you anything M-Farmer--- wouldn't you rather have an irrigation system sent with a deep well?Smiley Happy

Veteran Contributor

I would say most of the wheat that was planted in a timely manner would do okay if it had a rain right now.  Every week without rain take off 15%.

Some spots are showing up and some of the min till wheat looks bad.

Senior Advisor

Min till vs what? Conventional or notill?

Honored Advisor

cx,

Looks nice on map and this evening I saw folks standing in their front yards watching it----------- rainy all evening and maybe 1/10 of an inch ----- but a smell we haven't had since september.  70% chance tomorrow which means odds are the dirt won't blow.

Gotta change sometime.-------- Most of the wheat is toast already west of 283 hwy (Dodge city north/south line.)

Veteran Contributor

Four in the morning!! Wanted to see if it rained,could not go back to sleep!!! Missed it all as of now. 70% chance today?? Notice guysthat put on liquid fertilizer last three weeks of February. Wheat is fried or burnt clear to the ground!!! Canola is bolting now!!! It's been a struggle with mother nature, canola showing stress now to!! Most Canola that was planted after October 1 in hard ground froze out and ground has been blowing for weeks!! Have never seen so many Canola Acres planted here!! I have a 50-50 rotation of wht.and Canola last two years!! Nice to see that the wht. Is Clean between the rows and not hardly any competition from Winter-grass and weeds!!!! Canola can penetrate hardpan!! Wheat after Canola is holding up much better here!! If grandpa was here he would be singing( showers of blessings showers of blessings we need , mercy full Moisture around us , all for the crops that we need!!! Have a good one you gambling Farmers!!!