Ag Talk | Agriculture.com
Senior Contributor
ShelladyOptions

OptionEye.....April 19th

Good morning.

25 degrees in Kansas this morning. 23 degrees in Texas. Should support wheat even though we are currently down 3 to 5 cents.

Corn is up 2 and beans are mixed.

Can't turn on the TV without hearing about the Boston Bomb suspects being cornered. That news will dominate the day and some traders have said that the overnight trade was busy until this story started to dominate the talking heads. Could prove to be a headline watching day and not a lot of trade.

Gold back above $1400 at $1409. The 10 year is at 1.70% and the Euro is strengthening. The economic calendar is blank and that will lend itself to a slower trade.

Let's hope they get this last guy....

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

Re: OptionEye.....April 19th

theres a town in Texas that is dealing with several square blocks that were leveled.

many many fatalities

and this Boston deal is like the world stopped turning........................yes I know its tragic too.................

I AM SO FREAKING SICK OF THE MEDIA.....................

town in the plains gets leveled by a tornado, o well....................someone trips on the sidewalk in NY, makes the national news

Frequent Contributor
DKIL

Re: OptionEye.....April 19th

Maybe it is ok that the media is not on the fertilizer plant story until more info is known and they get the story straight.  So far it has not been good for ag.  I agree that this is just as horrific an accident.

Frequent Contributor
noreaster

C'mon Mizzou, you know better than that...

An accidental explosion at a fertilizer plant in rural America has no weight...  Media can't use that little story to scare the sense out avg Joe........into doomsday preppers no less....................................Besides, it's not about the people anyways...

Veteran Advisor
ECIN

Re: C'mon Mizzou, you know better than that...

Hey Mizzou -- ME TO  How about I stop by and pick you up and we'll go down to the Long Branch and shoot some pool and have a few beers -- Heck I'll even buy 

Senior Contributor
ShelladyOptions

Hey ECIN....how about I invite myself and buy for you both!

Appreciate your comments folks.

The trading rooms around the world have been fixated on the Boston thing mainly because there are suspects at large. There are nasty people to blame the bombings on and take our frustrations out on. The Texas accident is a national tragedy as well but no boogyman to blame it on yet. Looks like a horrible accident so far and without the suspects running around Waco it is a harder sell.

Either way, I totally agree that both stories get absolutely beaten to death.

Senior Contributor
jec22

Resting up again, since I might not get sleep for days if this thing breaks.

But, if one ever needed a fund raiser....   Just sell $100 raffle tickets for a lunch with Mizzou.   Just hope old Steve didn't win.  I dare say for all the bashing MT takes, there would be many willing to buy.    Sure would not be a boring lunch.   

So. IA
Veteran Advisor
ECIN

Scott --- that sounds like a deal to me -- you know --- there's two kinds of beer ?? there's cold beer and FREE beer -- lol

Have a good weekend --- This is Friday isn't ?