Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Senior Contributor
ShelladyOptions

OptionEye.....Aug 8th

It's kind of unfair competing with MarketEye for early market calls when he is already up at the crack of dawn tending to those hungry twins. Built in wake up call.

Anyway, good morning.

Finally a decent up morning in corn. At the time of writing, up 4 to 5 across all months. Beans are bid as well, up 9 to 12 and wheat is also in the green up 2 to 3 cents.

Maybe we can squeeze some of these hedge fund shorts out of the market before the report on Monday. It has just been a bit too easy for those shorts as of late.

Stocks are up this morning with the 10 year slipping below 2.60% to 2.59%. Stocks were off three days in row which has been rare. Oil kind of quiet at $104.25 down .12 cents.

Gold is slightly better at $1289.75 up $2.10.

The month continues to be quiet. We have big issues on the horizon with more sequester cuts in October. Obamacare in January followed by a new Fed chairmen. Put your seatbelts on as I think we are in for a ride.

Advisor
jrsiajdranch

Re: OptionEye.....Aug 8th

Who do you think it will be Summers or Yellan? I am betting it is some third name for now.

Senior Contributor
ShelladyOptions

The trader in me wants it to be Summers as I think he is unkown to the markets and dangerous with his mouth. The patriot in me wants it to be Yellen as she is a known quantity at a very precarious time. It will be an experiment to appoint Summers.

Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

Sounds like names for your grandchildren you will only use until you can slap a nickname on em.

Either way we get a political appointment.

sw