Ag Talk | Agriculture.com
Senior Contributor
ShelladyOptions

OptionEye...Mar 7th

Good morning.

ECB keeps rates unchange. Could have done with a cut. Why do I care? It has a lot to do with the overall global economic health that I have mentioned before. We need our trading partners, especially Europe and China, to be doing well.

Grains took a little hit yesterday. Poorer export expectatioins, nerves before Friday's WASDE and decent precipitation across the midwest had us on our heels all day.

Today, all three are on the plus side. Corn up 2. Beans up 5 and wheat up 1.

Stocks continue the march to Baton advancing a little higher this morning. Euro is hanging on to 1.30 and the 10 year yield has popped up to 1.94%.

Expect more positioning today..

Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

Re: OptionEye...Mar 7th

I'm glad you think that 20 cents is just a little hit........A couple more days like that and our corn is really gonna look good to those who need it.

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"
Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

What is wrong with that tiger? If we generate more interest, won't prices follow?
Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

Shaggy, maybe you are right.......I guess we don't really need to ration the old corn crop anymore.

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"
Advisor
Faust100F

[ Edited ]

ShelladyOptions wrote:

Good morning.

ECB keeps rates unchange. Could have done with a cut. Why do I care? It has a lot to do with the overall global economic health that I have mentioned before. We need

our trading partners, especially Europe and China, to be doing well.

Grains took a little hit yesterday. Poorer export expectatioins, nerves before Friday's WASDE and decent precipitation across the midwest had us on our heels all day.

Today, all three are on the plus side. Corn up 2. Beans up 5 and wheat up 1.

Stocks continue the march to Baton advancing a little higher this morning. Euro is hanging on to 1.30 and the 10 year yield has popped up to 1.94%.

Expect more positioning today..

Trading partners LMAO! 
Where in the midwest was there decent moisture?
You know you guys continue to "invent" reasons for why grain markets are moving, a few weeks ago, Brazil was going to drive down prices, hell they cannot even get the crop to the port, and then they cannot get it on a boat for 50 days.  
What am I missing here, you guys are like mercury in a spoon, just rolling with the flow.  You know sometimes there is nothing wrong with just saying "I don't know", instead of joining the rest of the talking heads who don't know Jack!
I only have one question . . . take soybeans. . . Why are elevators in Iowa calling farmers who have beans in on farm storage to buy their beans at a premium plus  paying them storage on the beans in their bins.  Could it be there are no beans in the  country . . . Ya! Think!
I talked with my son last night, he and his wife own real estate in Brazil and have money there.   He indicated that their bank accounts along with others were frozen yesterday and no money can leave the country.
So they are headed for the Brazilian  Consulate to see what the remedy is and are probably going to have to jump on a plane and go to Brazil to get this matter handled.  The point is . . . Brazil is not the United States it is a rural backwater still conducting business like we did in 1950.
 I mentioned the exporting problem down there and seemed to think that the reason they cannot get the crains at Santos fixed to load ships is primarily due to  the 100% tax assessed by Brazil on imports into their country.  
Brazil may have a great agricultural region, I do not see it as a threat, I see it as nothing more than a "mexican wedding were no one has jumper cables.". 
When you get a chance . . . send me some of what you are smoking!  Because we have opposing views on your assumptons, perhaps this information is useful for the speculators, but most of us here West of the Mississippi, still reside in the real world. . Adios Amigo.  John

Senior Advisor
sw363535

The moisture is looking like it a dud on the south side.
sw