Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Senior Contributor
ShelladyOptions

OptionEye...Nov 30th

[ Edited ]

Good morning.

Ready for the end of month shenanigans? With Capital Hill in turmoil, the markets are already acting weird. Stocks going up as well as bonds? Not really supposed to happen that way but now that the lawmakers are also market movers anything can happen. Just real tough to be an investor in these markets. Better off being a short term trader than anything else right now.

The U.S. consumer is 70% of our GDP and reports out today suggest that we have no more savings and our wages are too low. Where is the power for this economic engine going to come from? Housing is bottoming but hardly on fire. 8% unemployment won't cut the mustard either.....

Frequent Contributor
R John

Re: OptionEye...Nov 30th

Waiting, waiting, waiting...  It seems that is all we do anymore. We wait with baited breath for USDA reports, Fed reports, Congressional action, Supreme Court decisions... We wait and nothing changes. Government's inaction is being displayed right now by the President's and Congress' political posturing and stonewalling. They won't do anything because it is not politically friendly for them to make the difficult choices that simply have to be made. The survival of our country is hanging by a thread, IMO. The attitude is that if we ignore the problems they will go away. We are becoming the EU. Many states are on the verge of bankruptcy, just as members of the EU are. The federal government implements mandated programs and then dumps them on the states. Nothing new there.

Senior Contributor
GoredHusker

I read an article a few days back that broke down the best run states versus the worst run states.  The best run states were North Dakota, Wyoming, Nebraska, Utah, and Iowa.  The worst run states were California, Rhode Island, Illinois, Arizona, and New Jersey. 

Frequent Contributor
jeremey.frost

another day of poor price action for the grains

left the nearly key reversals, doji's, and nearly outside bearish days on charts yesterday and then followed that up with lots of technical weakness today

basis felt weaker for HRW, DNS, and Corn also.............only 1/2 positive is the spread blood bath didn't follow threw from yesterday's weakness

one important thing that will determine price aciton on Sunday/Monday is an Egypt tender that is out...........looks like the US might get some of the business............but quesiton will be is that already built into market?  and what if we don't get the business?

you don't go broke making sales that make $ense"

"buy fear" "sell greed"

www.grainmarketingplans.blogspot.com

I love my wife; she makes custom T-shirts, custom wall words, and Custom Truck Decals........ check out her website and some of her work at

www.signsonadime.com
Senior Advisor
ECIN

My question Frosty is , if we do sell them something how or what are they going to load the boats with ? read that there are no barge quotes for the winter months on the ILL. river and from STL and south . Looks like that starts 12/8 threw end of Feb.

Frequent Contributor
jeremey.frost

we probably won't be loading boats...........so to get wheat to the export we need to go on rail to the GULF or PNW..... that should keep freight firm..........and in effect a negative on basis for all of the grains when the elevators have to pay more for cars.......

you don't go broke making sales that make $ense"

"buy fear" "sell greed"

www.grainmarketingplans.blogspot.com

I love my wife; she makes custom T-shirts, custom wall words, and Custom Truck Decals........ check out her website and some of her work at

www.signsonadime.com