Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Senior Contributor
ShelladyOptions

OptionEye.......Oct. 3rd

Good morning.

A little bit better this morning across the board.

Corn up 2. Beans up 7 and wheat up 5.

Government shutdown getting more ridiculous by the minute. I want to stand in front of the barricades at the war memorials and invoke Ronald Reagan saying 'Mr. Obama, tear down this wall'.

Anyway, I digress. Equity markets down this morning on weaker jobs numbers and a crisis of confidence. Dow down 50. Gold clinging to $1300 trading at $1306.20 which is down $9.99 on the day. Oil is at $103.95 which is down .15 cents. Oil had a good rally yesterday on the back of the news that the southern leg of the Keystone Pipeline is close to being finished.

The 10 year yield is stuck between 2.65% and 2.60% and currently is trading at 2.637%. Keep an eye on this as I believe it is the only true gauge we have of the economy.

Volumes are getting hurt as this government stalemate drags on .

Frequent Contributor
lln50nwin

Re: OptionEye.......Oct. 3rd

Surely you do digress, you really must have meant " House Republicans,please  tear down this wall"

Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

More important question ------- which wall,   The wall of invasive and repressive legislation or the wall of debt???

sw
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Lin you really should pay attention to the news NOT the spin from the dicktator.

They have sent several bills to the senate and dicktator and they were rejected.

Bills to trestore the Vets services AND open National parks etc.

Put the blame where it belongs for a change. Speaking of change I'm tired of his.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Frequent Contributor
DKIL

It is amazing how 2 open air memorials that have no guards or govt personnel working there, the WW2 memorial and the Vietnam memorial, would be now closed to the public.  It is all about how can the dems create major inconvenience to the public so that they can get their full, bloated govt back.  Holding public sites hostage and asking for ransom.

Senior Contributor
k-289

Oil spikes up on pipeline news - explain  ?

Senior Advisor
kraft-t

NONSENSE!  The partial selection of favorite aspects of the CR is meant to weaken the democrats position. The last vestages of political hackery.

Send a bill to the senate with democrat and republican votes and it will be accepted. Boehner is trying to satisfy baggers and he is in fear of losing the Speaker job. There are enough Democrat and Republican votes to  pass a non partisan continuing resolution. That will be the eventual outcome.  Count on it.

The republicans love to create these crisis event thinking they can intimidate the dems and the president into giving them concessions tht they cannot win through the normal legislative process. Legislating through intimidation is their modus occompli. The only strategy  to handle that is complete refusal until they change their tactics.

That was Obamas biggest mistake in that he thought he could reason and deal with republicans. The new bagger influenced congress makes that impossible and a naive president required a significant period of time to recognize that. Yeah he is guilty of being a slow learner. I could have told him that on day one!

Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

We are in total agreement.  Lock down until say 2016.  I don't want to see the damage but I want the political process in Washington broken.

sw