Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Senior Contributor
ShelladyOptions

OptionEye......Sept 19th

Good morning.

Markets going up like a homesick angel.

One of my father's favorite market calls. Appropriate for today. Everywhere we look green, green and green.

The only thing down is the dollar.

The FED's action yesterday was a surprise and unprecedented.

So here we go. Corn up 5, beans up 11 with wheat up 11 as well. Soybean prices are still down for the week after 6 straight weekly advances. China buying and weather have been a big underpin. A weaker dollar will also help going forward.

Gold shot through the roof on the 'no taper' announcement. The dollar will be the one thing that really gets hit. Oil also up .45 cents to $108.52. Today the equity market looks to continue its record march higher as Ben Bernanke has poured gasoline on this equity fire.

The 10 year yield has plummeted. 2.69% today and I am afraid the reason that the FED did not stop the accommodation is that we are in deeper trouble than we know. Watch the next earnings reports as I think that the next stop for the 10 year is 2.00%. I hope I am wrong.

Veteran Contributor
aaron-neill

Re: OptionEye......Sept 19th

So how are you bears on Lasalle going to keep corn down now with the dollar going off the end?

@cfarms76
Senior Contributor
ShelladyOptions

I'm not sure they can.....we are in some very weird times.

This FED action is going to really be a problem and they just made it worse.

Veteran Contributor
aaron-neill

Wondering because corn in a downtrend and DX in a downtrend dont last long...one will give way....I speculate to say the dollar is a stronger trend.

@cfarms76