Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Contributor
ShelladyOptions

Optioneye......Aug 31

Well, we all know how wrong I was on the crop size predictions in March at the convention in LA. However, I'd rather be lucky than good and feel like this rally has really got some legs. So what if I was about 5 months too early. Actually, even a day too early in our business is still bad. I still feel like this market wants to go higher. There are issues that are still out there that will come to fruition when we least expect it. CHINA. The producer HAS to produce a big crop or there will be more problems. The sooner we wake up the fact we have an international food issue on our hands the better.

Scott 

Senior Contributor
ray h.

Re: Optioneye......Aug 31

If for no other reason,the grains need to go to battle over acre,yes this early in the game!  I am from a specialty commoditie area and wheat ruled last year for acres,now the specialtie commodities are going to push back. There is going to be tight supplys all over from cotton to blueberries emerging aready there or emerging in the next 12 months!

Senior Contributor
p-oed Farmer

What this tells you is the US Seed companies are full of you know what when it comes to there "New genetics" ...... What I mean is heat even with rain still has an effect on corn production....... This market (IMHO) is not prepared for what is coming....... p-oed

This information is worth what you payed for it...... :~)
Senior Contributor
Mike M2692830

A prediction is March is kind of like  naming the winner of the Super bowl today. You can find a general range of a yield just like naming maybe 6 teams with the best shot..all subject to change but still your opinion..no one should get beat up for stating their opinion as is this...MikeM