Senior Contributor
ray h.

Palouser weather?

o    Palouser,are we in the PNW going to get another significant rain event,or are we heading into drought ourselves? What do you see,I even e-mailed NOAA on this,but no reply as of yet.

Veteran Advisor
Palouser

Re: Palouser weather?

I don't know what the longer term outlooks are but right now but, I'm in good shape. In fact I'd like to have the weather stay warm for awhile. Going down to 23* tonight and had to stop cultivating soon after starting after getting about an inch of snow pellets. I'd say we're the new normal here.

The pattern the last three years - and this one too, has been drier winters, wetter and cooler and longer springs and then a late but warm summer. So far the crops have been good. The winter wheat looks quite good though I don't know if we can break 100/bu.

Senior Contributor
ray h.

Thanks Palouser,I have a lot of acreage of spring wheat this year planted from Feb.14-19th All no till.Looks exelent at this time.Hard to emagine going to harvest with out at least one more fair rain event,scarred!(NOAA shadded maps do not look prommising.)

Veteran Advisor
Palouser

Did you plant SWS or HRS? Seems to me you can get enough heat to do HRS later. But I suppose SWS is the safe bet.

Senior Contributor
ray h.

SWS (Alturas)