Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

Peak Corn

looks like this..........

why do i need to pontificate anymore..............you know, for the amount of crap that gets thrown at me, my status is sure tracked a lot on this site, both from current users and all the lurkers from the other site......

what really is hard to believe, is that no one apparently gets this idea of peak corn...............it has really nothing to do with price, other than if prices go down, acres disappear really fast, if they go up we add junk acres and we are even running out of those.........

its about peak production as it relates to wholistic production of all food, fiber, etc crops against failing weather patterns and eroding and aging soil...........

peak corn was proven in the last report...............I didnt see 100M corn acres and 82M soya acres...............PEAK CORN..........o and considering 2012 was ALMOST THE PERFECT SPRING FROM NORTH TO SOUTH AND EAST TO WEST WITH REGARD TO PLANTING................we could easily see 4M corn acres slip away over night...............o boy, now what 92M corn acres, 83.5 of which are harvested at 140 nat avg is 11.7B.............far cry from 14 and 15B that was such a sure thing...........and see the great part is the USDA thinks we have enough and them some..............SO GRING BABY GRIND............way i see it, should have no problem going to E15, and food vs fuel should be dead..........

have a good one

DSCF0791.JPG

Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

Re: Peak Corn

[ Edited ]
So would we be better saying PEAK PRODUCTION of all grains vs. PEAK CORN?

PS. Great pic.
Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

Welcome back...............................................

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"
Friend
WCAlberta

Welcome back Mizzou, Thanks for your input.

Before you write off human progress from this point forward, you may want to look at a map of the world, compare some climate maps, soil maps, and current production maps, and political.  I think you will find that the world is a much bigger place than just the US, and that the potential is mind boggling.  You may be right about peak corn in the US, but so far, history has shown that most peak anything or doomsday arguements were invalid.  Someday, they obviously have to be true, the world is a finite place, but not yet, IMHO.

Senior Contributor
425Cat

Other parts of the world can grow corn and will , Yes??

Advisor
c-x-1

MT, you are in Mexico, Central America, or.............Brazil?--------------------from the beautiful pic.