Frequent Contributor
WCWISC

Perfect planting conditions..........

Or maybe not........... Guess we better wait a few more days. Or a few more weeks. IMG_20130508_162937_061.jpgIMG_20130508_162953_357.jpg

Senior Contributor
Wrestler

Re: Perfect planting conditions..........

Is that your field or one of your neighbors? Who was driving the floater?  Complete dumbass or what?

Frequent Contributor
WCWISC

It's our field, He's a good operator. He was working his way around the outside of the field first. He almost got stuck before that and was trying to bail out of there, but she dropped out of site before he could. 120,000 lb. tow strap works wonders. Get 5' of slack, throttle wide open, dump the clutch, and it pops right out. Would've broke a few chains if it wasn't for the strap.

Veteran Contributor
fringeacres

But I am sure the 600 acre a day planting operations don't have that problem. 24 tow planters would float across that. #plant13-14 might take awhile

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

PEAK CORN

As mentioned in the drone thread

As we try to do more with less

Bam

80K pounds every 60ft

Or

15K pounds every 30ft

Yep, i hear those 24 row ccs planters just float like a butterfly, course the yield monitor stings like a bee, sure 36 and 48 flat get with it like a redbull, wings and all

Senior Contributor
Slim123

Re: PEAK CORN

I think most farmers have been stuck moretimes then they care to admit. No one's perfect!

Veteran Advisor
ECIN

Dang it ---- I always hated getting one down , One time I was spreading for a farmer and he said he would ride with me to show me the wet spots --- first round !!!!!!!!  - and as far as you could get from his barn -- went down --- like to China !   He said man --- I'm sorry ! I looked at him and said -- WTF ? I thought you were going to tell me -  I tod him not to worry about it - after about 45 minutes - ( He had a LONG walk )  he came with his big dog , lol  -- them were the days , lol

Advisor
Faust100F

[ Edited ]

LMAO!  I buried a big tractor two years ago, it only took seven hours with a backhoe to dig it out, I hooked my D7 with a 30ft, heavy chain on it, and the big IH pin(made in China).  The hitch pin snapped like a tooth pick, so we had to dig it out with a backhoe..   Goin to be a fun Spring, sure glad we are in a drouth. Maybe you should put a little tile in that spot. lol. .  John

Frequent Contributor
WCWISC

It's not normally a wet field. We're just trying to get something done. Just have to be more patient. Heck, it's only May 9th........ Not a kernal in the ground yet. Should be done by June 10th. Just in time to get that bumper crop. LMAO!