Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

Pictures of the scars under the bandaid........

not looking to good........too soon to know finals.........but it will be well south of 50 at this point...........but its always nice to take some pics none the less.........not to mention soya harvest is likely going to be a bust.........nothing in those green soya but plant matter..........its amazing they are still trying after the hell they have been thru, they were planted later part of April.............2 inches doesnt go very far when its spread out over 4 months of blazing heat..........

pretty bad when you can make a round on mile longs and not have to have a chaser on wheels.......... 

IMG-20120818-00028.jpg

corn isnt even tall enough to cover up the corn head........kinda weird shelling really dry corn next to green soya in August..........not to mention the corn is knee to maybe shoulder high............but kind of a cool pic off the top of a bin..........

IMG-20120818-00030.jpg

found some pretty bad stuff today..........not much of anything, 0 to maybe 5............fields around being adjusted 0-5, probably look like this..........

IMG-20120819-00035.jpg

checked this corn two weeks ago and its was high 20's.............you can see it lost more than a point/day...........with the low humidity and temps coupled with stress things are drying down like crazy...........word to the wise.........go get it...........after seeing this.......there is a lot of corn that needs to come out now.........there are a few guys running locally...........and they should be running full bore...........this is 104 day planted first of April..........by the time we get to the 108 and 111 day its probably going to be under 15 as well..........IMG-20120819-00044.jpg

Senior Contributor
too close for comfort

Re: Pictures of the scars under the bandaid........

Hey Mt: What is the test weight looking like?

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

didn't/haven't tested that yet............gotta dig the cup out, hell it was a sprint to get things rolling this fast........

based on what its scaling in the cart..........not horrible..........it is light, but when you are used to 58-60 pound corn...........54 seems light, but in a year like this, 54 is acceptable...........thats my GUESS, but its probably close.........

Frequent Contributor
north ia farmer

Wow Tiger that looks like **bleep**.I see a few of your problems.First you drive a blue tractor,red combine and looks like nothing but sand and trees.We are headed out on a 3 day road trip tomorrow and will give you a update.Here in NIA still thinking most corn will be in the 150-180 bu range and still think soybeans are going to be very good.Is all your land that you operate sand?

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

[ Edited ]

Niaf.....you gotta lot to learn if you think that is sand.......lmao.....lmao......wow......that's gotta be one of the dumbest post you have made to date.........no wonder your post are clueless, it appears you are.......have you every been beyond the coop parking lot.........well I suppose they make you go buy coffee which requires a trip to caseys.......I got you pegged as the guy at the elevator thats been kicked in the head one too many times and all the locals kinda pick on you when they come in to dump.........I bet you get to spend a lot of time at the bottom of the leg scooping rotten grain...........you can't even get it right for your area, what makes you think you know anything beyond your nose.....

Frequent Contributor
north ia farmer

Tiger what type of soil is that in the picture with your antique corn head.I thought everyone had plastic.It sure don't look like 200 bu soil to me.

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

you think about a lot of things that you are wrong about.......

this time is no different...........

your ignorance is showing thru with every word............

Veteran Contributor
Mike central IA

That looks like very, very dry soil. I'll bet it looks alot different with a little moisture.

For the record, we have had two different plastic cornheads, and for down corn, a polished steel head is pretty hard to beat for feeding. Besides, they just seem a lot more solidly built.

Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Guess I will not be putting up any picts of me going down through the corn rows from the cab shots.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

"Niaf.....you gotta lot to learn if you think that is sand.......lmao.....lmao......wow......that's gotta be one of the dumbest post you have made to date.........no wonder your post are clueless, it appears you are.......have you every been beyond the coop parking lot.........well I suppose they make you go buy coffee which requires a trip to caseys.......I got you pegged as the guy at the elevator thats been kicked in the head one too many times and all the locals kinda pick on you when they come in to dump.........I bet you get to spend a lot of time at the bottom of the leg scooping rotten grain...........you can't even get it right for your area, what makes you think you know anything beyond your nose....."

Jeeeshhh MT: why just sugar coat it? Tell him what you really think.

NIAF: most of the NE part of Missery has 2 to 10 inches of light worn out topsoil on top of 10' to 60' of glacial till clay. With constant rains it is productive but they historicly have a problem most years getting good timely rain the second half of July and the month of Aug.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."