Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

Planting progress

anyone else read cmegroup's commentary-----saying market expects corn to be 7% planted???

seems impressive.

Senior Contributor
Longcreekfarms

Re: Planting progress

I wasn't expecting to get along so well today. 1st day planting. Just got a 60 acre corner stabbed in. Shenandoah valley of Va. That makes me 6% done with my little drop in the bucket :smileywink:
Contributor
buffalocountyfur

0% planted. Still snow ground. 40 degrees today more rain/snow later this week. SEMN
Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

2% more what i expected

i'd like to know who's planting in IL in 40-50* soil.....when's it gonna emerge?

Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

Tomorrow is the day I will get after it. I've only got a few acres but I'm also a 1 man chain gang. It takes me about an additional 50% as long as folks with extra help. Barring no trouble and weather is cooperative, 3 days and I should be in the ground.
Senior Contributor
Longcreekfarms

I feel ya shaggy. I knew I respected your posts for a reason... When all the bills are paid, if there's anything left, it's all mine!
Senior Contributor
NDf

None here se ND. The trashwipers don't work in 8" of wet snow despite what the guy fron yetters says LOL! Besides it's hard to see the standing water in the field so I can drive around the potholes.

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

Shaggy,

are you sayin' the soil has warmed after the deep freeze?-----i'm impressed. that seems quick.....you had 48 hrs below 32, didn't ya?

Senior Contributor
NDf

CX! if I remember right you aren't a farmer so here's some info.  Planting will occur even if soil temps aren't at optinum levels especially if your at dates when you normally plant and soil conditions are ideal. Also if the forcast looks good.

Veteran Contributor
Whitesand_Farms

Hey NDF at least you only have 8" to melt. Just north of you in Sask. we still have 3-4' in the fields, it will probably be a couple weeks before we even see black on the fields.