Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Veteran Advisor
Palouser

Poet bidding for SRW for ethanol

Out of Portland in Indiana near the Ohio border. Some of you may know. I didn't know anyone was using SRW for ethanol though I knew it was feasible.

Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

Re: Poet bidding for SRW for ethanol

Haven't seen it yet, but I was told their bids are for wheat in July and August.    Not sure what % they're gonna blend with the corn and not sure what that's gonna do to their DDGs.

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"
Veteran Advisor
Palouser

I would guess it would raise protein in DDG's if the wheat is in good shape. If the plant doesn't extract oil the oil as a percentage would probably drop some. I don't remember the protein combination w/ corn. Might be complimentary but some of you would probably know those facts.

Veteran Advisor
Palouser

Probably would lower aflotoxin. Supposedly up to 20% wheat doesn't materially affect the process.

Advisor
425Cat

So when will the wheat market wake up . Wheat feeding and now wheat for ethanol however the market doesn't seem to care , new lows.

Veteran Advisor
Palouser

Therein lies my question. The CBOT vs + basis for physical. Actually, it's not a question, it's a point worth considering.