Esteemed Advisor

Re: I don't think

[ Edited ]

Please reread the original post.

If you don't want to read the entire post.......skip to the last sentence.

Advisor

Most Memorable Viral Video from Debate

Senior Advisor

Re: Presidential candidates

hardnox wrote:

......Prescott Bush was a big Hitler fan and trading partner, and Daddy Koch built the Reich's biggest refnery, where we lost countless planes and pilots trying to bomb.

The RAF finally took care of it, along with most the city.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2015/05/the-carpet-bombing-of-hamburg-killed-40000-people-it-also-did-goo...

Might serve as a cautionary tale on what can happen when too many Good People get themselves tirred up.

Wasn't it bootlegger Joseph Kennedy who tried to get Churchill to surrender to Germany?

Senior Advisor

Re: Presidential candidates

marketeye wrote:

The candidates' stance on ethanol would be nice to know. The markets want to know that too. The candidates' stance on TPP, WTO, GMO, strengthening CFTC for oversight on grain market involvement, and crop insurance, farm subsidies, etc. Are we going to tick off China to the point that they will import less U.S. ag products?

What am I missing? The markets want to know.

Mike

Ted Cruz said on ethanol he is against both the mandate and blending wall.

Highlighted
Advisor

Tick off China

The problem is China does whatever the hell they want in regards to trade.  I can't even count how many times the Chi-coms cancelled cargoes of grain in the middle of their journeyu across the high seas and bought from SA withjout even a penalty.   How about you try that ron with one of your contracts sold to ADM or Consolidated because you didin't like the price you were paid?  Oh, and kid yourself, they had a short position on the board of trade before each one of those announcements.  And all the phony GMO crap.  

None of these politicians give rats assa abouit Farm Policy.  the Democrats are one hell of a lot more concenred about getting votes of illegals and EBT card folks than they are about energy policy.

You might as well be planning your life around $ 2.50-3.00 corn and $ 8.00 beans for the forseeable fuiture, or until a catastrophic drought when a bunch of ChiComs think they might starve.   Oild consumption is going downhill fast...ethanl with it.  

If you're a farmer and your balloon knot isn't puckered up like you had a lemon and alum enema, then youo are in complete denial of reality.

Honored Advisor

Re: Tick off China

BF2012, I totally agree about China with you.  The thing is farmers are always suckers for any bill that has the word "trade" in it, they are knee jerk in favor of it and over 9 times out of ten it`s not in the favor of the US, the GOP frontrunner is the only candidate that understands this.

The way farmers fall for trade reminds me of a cousin that was a farmer coincidentally also a farmer.  We he married a high maintenance woman, his new father-in-law was in the escavating business and his "wedding gift" to my cousin was to dig a basement that he was supposed to put a $200,000 house on for his high maintenance daughter.   Well, the wedding gift was a damned hole in the ground, they put a high priced house on top of that hole in the ground and they had money problems and the marriage eventually failed.  And that is exactly what these trade deals amount to, some make out like bandits and others come out on the short end of the stick.