Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Frequent Contributor
frank232

Rain amounts...

Just looking at some weather models, and this one is pumping out a huge amount of precip across IL and other parts of the midwest.  Going ot be some soggy planting conditions...more rain in the extended too...and not much warm air to speak of, especially on the north end (like here in Wisconsin)...  Precip accumulation the next 84 hours...  

Senior Contributor
tree fmr

Re: Rain amounts...

Flying into Chicago, on to Cedar rapids today. Sure hope it calms down in about 14 hours! Glad to see the rain though.
Senior Contributor
Buckley_HF

Up all night listening to thunder. Rained very heavy here in ECIL tonight. Ill get the totals in awhile. Accu is calling for another 3.75 tomorrow/Thursday. We were dry even though we were "out of the drought" but with 1.5 last week and now this we are gonna be soggy. Blessing or a curse? With no warm weather anywhere in sight I guess I'll take the moisture and not worry about planting. But needless to say we are delayed here.
Senior Advisor
ECIN

Morning Buckley : No rain here ---------- yet , looked at the radar at 3 am and it looks like your hoging it all , lol

BTW you must be close to the Champaign -- Danville area ?

Need the wind to lay OR change directions -- ( from the South to the North ) so I can finish the 60 acres I didn't do last fall .

Have a good one

Senior Contributor
Buckley_HF

Good morning ECIN. Yep 50 minutes north of both champaign and Danville. Just walked out to take the dog out and it is extremely wet out there this am. Gonna spend the day hauling corn to keep mind off field work. U have a good one too.
Senior Contributor
Wind

Nice pic of your weather model Frank,  copious amounts of rain headed for the heart of the I states.  I have 32* at 7AM (cia).  We are having very little sunshine here too.  I took a walk yesterday and checked my tile outlets, one with about 2 miles of tile, was running at a rate of 2 gal a minute, the other shorter one about 1 cup a minute.  That is a start. 

The only thing planted around here where some oats the other week and some tomatoes in the greenhouse.:smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
frank232

Another map

Senior Contributor
Wind

Yes,  that's the one I follow.  Very impressive.  Maybe you can do "follow up" and see how accurate their forecast was.

Senior Advisor
ECIN

Had 140 acres that didn't get sprayed last fall -- So tryed it yesterday , dang wind got up to 17 so shut down , had a VERY small window this morning , was sitting there loaded , ready to go --- then the wind laided down to zero ! Getting up time , this was the view from the Hagie this moring ,, BTW the last past ONLY had 10 minutes on it before it CUT lose , lol  Guess I will see how good PowerMax is ! :smileyfrustrated:

BTW  it's a B *&^H to try and take a picture and drive , lol

my documtims 465.jpg

my documtims 467.jpg

my documtims 468.jpg

Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

Auto-Pilot my friend, AUTO-PILOT. You telling me that big rig needs to be manually steered?