Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Veteran Contributor
capinegro3901115

Rain

Last night at 5pm we here in Northern IL had the rain start until 6:45pm. My location had and inch. and were 50 mile NW of the city of Chicago. In McHenry IL they had .50 inch. This might have been just a little bit heavier than forecast but narrow bands. The forecast had .50-.75. Anyone else??

Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Re: Rain

[ Edited ]

Here in South podunk Country we had a very heavy downpour of Starshine followed this morning with another dosing of Sunshine. Near as I can measure about an inch and a half of both. 3 inch total and counting.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Senior Advisor
ECIN

Well here in Shelby Co. I -- We had a bad case of --you got to be chit n ! Along with all the other bad words in the book - plus  few new combos !!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Best I could come up with was 25 to 30 drops .

Lighting lit up the house for hours !!!!! Then -- Then -- The S.O.B - dried right up to the county s just north and west of me -

THEN the REAL pizzer  was ????? It fired back up around 6 am ----- just to my South !! 

I guess I'm going to have to straight' n up my life stile -- Im just say n here -- even Nashville Indiana got 3 inchs this morning ! And all that's down there - besides the little trinket shops are hills and hollers --with a patch of corn at the bottom --- still able to lmao

Glad to hear you got rain !!

Senior Contributor
BF2012

I got an ECI type storm....without the 30 drops.    1 mile west of all my farms some got 1/2"   It is so dry, you couldn't even tell it had rianed on the 1/2" stuff...never penetrated the leaf canopy....now we're back toward 100 degree.

Have some neighbors who are fantasizing about their potential corn yields amid the heat and dryness.   Since they're too lazy for an actual field sampling I sampled it for them.....and when they started with the Skittle Unicorn stuff....I pulled out the ears, tossed them down....and said, " Oh you mean that field where I picked these?"   lmfao....silence.  

As Simpson would say, there is a big old Oh F^%$ Me Moment on the Horizon for wishful thinkers,.   and it get s better...the folks at Consolidated told me the corn was made already since it had filled the ear and was still milk to soft dough stage with plants dying.

W T F?>    The Hilarity continues.

Senior Advisor
kraft-t

Don't worry! Six weeks from now you may be wishing it would dry up so you can get the load out of the field.

hint:  I said load not loads! lol

Senior Contributor
IllinoisSteve

Around an inch here last night with plenty of wind.  The crop took it pretty good.  There is some corn leaning and even blow over in a few spots but nothing real significant.  This makes almost 4" in the last 10 days.  Not complaining.  Things look real good.

Senior Advisor
ECIN

YOU got to be chitn me ILSteve !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 INCHs ??????????? I had 6 tenths for all of Aug . And you got 4 INCHS --- Boy your a rain hog is all i can say --- lol

Oh yeah - The Weather chick this morninh had Indy at minus - 10 inchs for the year 

4 Inchs huh ?

Senior Contributor
BF2012

Not complaining.....rubbing it in our face would be a better description.   I think Kenny is kidding us....when I called him this morning, his wife said something about getting 4" last night.   Time to fess up Ken.

Veteran Advisor
r3020

1 tenth. The most rain we have had in the last 3 weeks.

extremism: Spending dollars yet to be earned by children yet to be born.

The country will heal when the people riot to be free of the government not when they riot for the government to give them more for free
Senior Contributor
IllinoisSteve

Yeah I know what you are saying.  Life isn't fair.  It will probably be my turn next year!  Been there before.  Hope things turn out better for you than you think.