Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Veteran Contributor
jec22

Report thoughts

Even though I cleaned out of 09 inventory last week, I still have no 10 or 11 sales.  With that bias out in the open.

I think the corn number will be 150, and beans 45.   I see very little down side in prices.  We can grow a huge crop next year, this fall has allowed great ground prep work.    By January, the corn crop could come in around 145-148.  Alot of ground can go either to corn or beans next spring after this fall, will be just be a matter of who is willing to pay the most come March/April.  Just a matter of how hard we kill demand, if China's demand can be killed.  If the corn numbers are even close to what was harvested, might see a limit up day in corn tomorrow.

Advisor
nwobcw

Re: Report thoughts

What would the world wide grain situation be if South America hadn't come on in the last 15 or so years?

Senior Contributor
4wd

Selling corn/sb now is like standing in front of a moving freight train. Demand is important to watch, but more important is what the Fed is doing. Stand back and watch this thing play out. There will be plenty of time to sell at historically high prices, and each sale will still be cheap. It will get to the point of asking what is a high price for the grain.

Every time Ben prints another couple hundred billion dollars and sends it out to wall street bankers to buy some treasuries, watch the commodities move up. He has announced this innitial 600 billion$ will be injected over the next 8 months in 3 waves.  Just don't be sailing perpendicular to the wave when it hits.

Advisor
nwobcw

I hadn't heard of there being 3 waves.  Will any be a "rogue" wave?

Senior Contributor
Red Steele

China is doing the prudent thing, in a time of inflationary fed policies. They are refusing to acquire more paper denominated net debt and are buying hard assets.

The rest of us can learn from them.

Veteran Contributor
Artifice

"China is doing the prudent thing, in a time of inflationary fed policies. They are refusing to acquire more paper denominated net debt and are buying hard assets."

the arothour of taht quite is a biyt misgided.

CHINA is loading up on US TBoNDS, locing in  3% with 30 year maturities. be my guest!

China is becoming more productive, from 200$/capita output in 1970 to ~ 6,000 today vs ours 48,000

FRascinating country, peaked on 11th century. bottomed in 1970, MAO!

My congrats to them.

Canb they grow more crops with better practices?

artifice  

Veteran Contributor
jec22

When marketeye posted yesterday's China's bean purchases the day before the report....it might add a new saying to my marketing plan...copper knows, China knows.....

Veteran Contributor
Artifice

HGcopper is 305, not parablic yet ,  is that IN farmer short again?

atitifce

Senior Contributor
Palouser

Speaking of short, when during this month are you calling Russia to lift wheat embargo, as you previously predicted?

Frequent Contributor
giolucas

[ Edited ]

Went to a Guangzhou, China a couple of weeks ago and to say the least I was very impressed with the looks of things. I went from the city to the country so I got a good taste.  What surprised me was that although it is a communist country there is a lot of capitalist programs that help people begin their own business.  On a side note, I have never seen more Bentley's and Porsche's in one area in one week.  The country is actively promoting manufacturing and I went there to buy fixtures for a business that I am opening soon.  I saved about $60,000.00 in product even with the shipping on a container.  So I saw first hand the power of China's manufacturing capability and that will help them grow their economy.  If they are a force now, they will be an even bigger force when their middle class continues to get bigger.