Ag Talk | Agriculture.com
Veteran Advisor
Palouser

Results of wheat tour

Kansas down a minimum of 18% (with a number of experts saying that is a lowball number given the conditions) and Ok down at least 48%.

Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

Re: Results of wheat tour

Down from what, last year?
Frequent Contributor
ag-?

Spring wheat acres are going to be down too! I think were looking at less spring Wheat here in ND, MN, and SD for this year with late spring gets late for some areas to plant wheat without it being hurt by summer heat and if not that early frost. I think Canada is going to see much less planted wheat too! The cold spring and late spring snowfalls have to be putting them in jeporady of putting in full crop this year. Now add in poor wheat crop in hard red winter wheat belt and i think stocks are going to get tight. I haven't paid attention to rest of world but if we have any disruption in supplies in rest world it could get to be interesting market come this summer.

Senior Contributor
k-289

Shaggy - lows in the 20's agin  - is the wheat tour group removing frost from there windshield ?

Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

NA, I'm sure they tour with luxury. You know, remote start, heated seats and the works. Frost probably removed from windshields as soon as they get up from the hotel breakfast table. LOL

I only went as low as 32F last night. Hopefully that still gives me 4 or 5 lives remaining. I can't remember for sure.
Senior Advisor
sw363535

Has that tour left manhattan yet? Isn't this the third day. :smileyhappy:
sw
Veteran Advisor
Palouser

Yes, the figures are in relation to last year.

Senior Advisor
sw363535

SW Ks dry land average last year was 14.7 on the farms we watch.------------- That would put this year at 12 bpa.

A gross exageration of reality.  Won't be anywhere close to that.

sw