Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Veteran Advisor
Palouser

Russia steps in it

The missle that shot down the passenger plane over Ukraine at 33,000' was certainly not a shoulder fired model. And only Russia was in the position to supply and deliver the technology of multiple vehicle launch systems, if they didn't launch it themselves.

The question for the market place is whether the magnitude of this incident is great enough to rally around Ukraine if they decide to block transport and shipment of Russian wheat from Ukranian ports. Not sure how it has been working though I'm under the impression that Russia was still shipping grain through Ukraine. Would certainly like confirmation of this.

Veteran Contributor
M-Farmer2287

Re: Russia steps in it

Also there were 23 Americans on board!! Also 2 other Ukrainian planes shot down a week earlier !! Put-in it trouble now !! 👺🔫🎻
Senior Advisor
Shaggy98

[ Edited ]
If our leader has a set of acorns at all, he would make the US's overall unapproval of the situation known by the rest of the world. He as well as past leaders go above and beyond to preserve the availability of US oil imports. Why not protect the potential of wheat exports? Just saying.
Frequent Contributor
hardwheat

id prefer another fall in the wheat market rather than innocent lives lost just terrible

Veteran Advisor
Palouser

It's a tragedy. War always has unforseen consequences. Shooting down big planes was a very stupid idea but has been gotten away with. The American cruiser Vincennes shot down an Iranian airliner under similar circumstances using older technology. It was a very big mistake that shouldn't have happened. Putin is trying his hand at modern warfare and is learning the many pitfalls. So far his only base hit was Crimea. It's going to be an incredibly expensive base hit in the end and will give him almost no advantage for the trouble. So far he's losing the game.

I won't even attempt to catalog the expenses and lack of accomplishments in our latest wars, regardless of what some may think about the reasons for them.

Frequent Contributor
hardwheat

couldnt agree more

Veteran Contributor
M-Farmer2287

What do we do??? Well we know Russia wants all Ukrainian territory. I think it was a mistake or mistook commercial jet liner as military plane!! Why would they bring all this attention to Russia?? They have been taking Ukraine inch by inch successfully anyway!! Was nothing done other than sanctions!! Now I'm afraid we must get involved!! Believe you me I do not want war. I've got children and stepchildren young enough to be called to fight!!! I guess the United States and Europe have fine tuned some satellite cameras to the pacific areas that Russia has concentrated on lately. They say they will be able to trace any missiles from that area from beginning to end?? Would Ukrainian military shoot down this plane to draw more attention and help is a question to be answered ?? That is Russians claim!! Man is the cruelest animal on earth!!! The terror these passengers faced as they fell 30,000 feet to their death!! The lucky ones were the ones killed when the missile hit the plane!!
Veteran Advisor
Palouser

Actually, the Ukrainians have talken back most of eastern Ukraine. They have some tough nuts to crack to retake some cities but I believe it will be inevitable. Putin is still looking for a good excuse to 'save' the rebels and their territory but pinpoint photography by satellites has unveiled attempts at letting heavy weapons cross and shown his words to be false and making him lose face under international scrutiny. Undisciplined rebels and advisors may have led to a mistaken gamble to convince the government to halt Ukrainian army advances. Putins weakness is oligarchs are relatively easy to target for sanctions - and they are his friends. Putin wants to go down in history but his buddies want to make money. His little game in Ukraine is making that difficult.

Putin's ace-in-the-hole is NG. But restricting the flow of NG also loses money and makes him look cruel. He's really in a no win situation in the long run. It's probably only a matter of time before US intelligence reveals the tracking evidence of the missle that struck the plane. Meanwhile they will let him stew in his own juices. He doesn't have many options that don't isolate Russia's economy further. Make life for Russian citizens over 'principle' and he'll be dumped. It's the Russian way.

Senior Advisor
Shaggy98

I'm not a military expert by any means, but if we can use satellite imigary to check the health of our crops, couldn't that same imigary be used to differentiate between military and civilian aircraft? Not buying the accidental shooting at this point, any time an aircraft is shot down by a missile, that is an act of war.
Advisor
elcheapo

Would this be considered an act of war
Or a terrorist act.

News just out, that it was Russian rebels, BUT
They also had contact with Russian command.

Putin came out few minutes ago saying
This kind of situation could be expected.

American blood has been spilled

THIS IS BIG PEOPLE.

QUESTION .....AND KEY......WITH LESS
THAN 4 HOURS DID RUSSIA MAKE A STATEMENT CONDEMNED OF WHAT HAPPEN.

THE KEY IS NO.......I NEED TO SAY NO MORE.

if that is not enough things went bonkers
In isreal.

I need a split screen TV.....CNN and Bloomberg.

Where it goes, I don't know....but has me
Worried. ....and mad.