Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Saturday afternoon's little surprise

[ Edited ]

100_6516.JPG

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Re: Saturday afternoon's little surprise

Looks to be 4 tenths out of this one. Add that to the 2 tenths last night and the 1point four the first of the week and now I get a call from NW KS and find out the quarter with some crop in dry dirt got enough rain to get the moisture to meet and the rest of the crop is germinating and should be up shortly.

Pretty good pre fathers day present. yes in deed :smileyhappy:

Top that with a little over a half a pie left and "life is good"

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Advisor
Pupdaddy

...You might have to excuse my curiosity..but what fruit is causing you to have "Pink" hands???....LOL

Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

[ Edited ]
Spoiler

It is just the tell tale staining of wild raspberry pie

This pie had a cup of strawberries added in, kind of lightend it up a shade

I went up to the north farm a little while ago and it had at least twice as much rain last night and this afternoon as there were water puddles and water between the rows.  

Senior Contributor
Canuck_2

Radar seems to be sending moisture to lots of areas but no much here.

Last real rain was 2 weeks ago and we were only 40 % of normal for April and May before that.

Crops are not really hurting yet but temps are supposed to be 30 and up this week and that will take a toll if we do not get some rain tomorrow as they re forecasting.

Lake Huron seems to be thirsty, everytime it looks like some rain coming it just can not get over the lake.

Know what it is like to get the 'rest' of the crop to germinate. Lots of soys waited in dry dirt here until the firt of June when we got our last rain. 

Makes for an uneven crop but lots of fields here that way.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Advisor
hardnox604008

This morning's QPFs don't look too promising for the ECB.  Cooler at least though, at least out in 6-10, 8-14 timeframe.

This pattern has been pretty common the last 20 years as rains shake out in the NW cornbelt.  I recall hearing Louis Thompson say that is how GW, if it occurred, would likely manifest. That was probably around 1985.

Shoulda moved to SD.

Don't know if this has any scientific basis but my perrsonal mojo says that the next big chance for a pattern shift will have to wait for the full moon at the end of the month. Probably soon enough if it does but sure to be a knuckle biter.

"People of privilege will always risk their complete destruction rather than surrender any material part of their advantage. Intellectual myopia, often called stupidity, is no doubt a reason."

J.K. Galbraith
Veteran Contributor
llakmf

Sorry nox, but fat, drunk,      and stupid might be a better option than what I am looking at. Have heard some combines will not leave the barn this fall. Fast becoming an insurance game all the way.

Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

Glad you got some rain, Hobby.   Looked like we pushed some past the Mississippi this time. --------------- Your Tree crop is doing very well by our standards.  :smileyhappy:

sw
Veteran Advisor
Nebrfarmr

Glad someone is getting the rain, if you have extra, send it our way.

We had a 95% chance of measurable rain, and a 80% chance of rain over 3/4 inch over the weekend.  Wound up with .005 or so.  You could see each individual drop, where it hit the dust.

Advisor
hardnox604008

I'm sorry if that is your personal situation- not yet so for a large area although you can see it in the far distance from where we are.

If severe losses across a wide area are realized, we will have succeeded in voluntarily blowing up the finest agricultural system on earth.

"People of privilege will always risk their complete destruction rather than surrender any material part of their advantage. Intellectual myopia, often called stupidity, is no doubt a reason."

J.K. Galbraith