Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Veteran Advisor
Palouser

So, what happens to soybeans?

[ Edited ]
Advisor
giolucas

Re: So, what happens to soybeans?

Nice article.  Palouser, are you from Illinois?

Advisor
c-x-1

[ Edited ]

giolucas,

not sure where he was born, but he's in Palouse area of Washington state (eastern)

I assume your question refers to price?....1988 they increased about 70% after Mar stocks.

From 1400, that'd be about 2400.

I'm guessing Good's est. is even high; just a gut b/c of relentless pace of consumption and lack of other grain/forage for domestic feed. 

Senior Contributor
farmerguy89

The only way is up

Senior Contributor
Buckley_HF

Just read a DTN article that stated freight prices in brazil have "exploded" and that it now costs $4.30 per bu to ship soy from Sorriso to Paranagua. Also that at Paranagua, Panamax vessels near the end of a 70 ship line have a 40 day wait time at a small 30k$/day cost. And cash soya in the Midwest is in the low 14$? I'm confused. If your looking for soya why not come to our reliable store? I'd love to see the cost for one current bu of soya from central IL to china compared to the same from the middle of brazil to china.
Advisor
c-x-1

Bingo Buckley,

I believe that fact/scenario is what will be staring the world users SQUARE in the face on the stocks report----looking over last half of mktg yr.

Advisor
WCMO

1988 would have been the drought year, so what happened with prices after Mar 1, 1989?

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln
Advisor
c-x-1

good point WCMO,

Good said "lowest stocks since 1989, following short 1988 harvest"

prices were down then sideways till end July, then down during growing that yr.- guess mkt had decided it had already rationed enough and "priced in" much lower stocks...maybe demand was dead 88-89 mktg yr?

now, beans will have to decide if demand has been sufficiently rationed (doesn't appear to be?) + growing season outlook.

Veteran Advisor
Palouser

Yes, the fabulous Palouse Hills. "You can never have enough power".

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I00002FVBrfPAVLo/s/900/900/Tractor-on-Almota-Grade-Palouse-Cou...

I'm a bit east of here against the mountain foothills and I have pine and fir trees along my fields in places. A few more miles east and it's forest.

Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

Let's compare world demand for soybeans for now and 1989 also.........a slightly different animal.

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"