Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Advisor
425Cat

So what is the truth about this crop and holiday lows

Man you listen to the little general and we have a massive crop on the way. Read someone else and the crop is a disaster. what shall it be somewhere in the middle?. Difficult to get accurate information. Info is tied to someones's posiion so often. I would say we are makeing some major holiday lows here. Some talking gap down Sunday night , can't see it.

Not a big fan of Time's time but we do have some time coming in here, ususally comes in as a high however not this time.

Be lucky if we don't loose a bunch of the soft red crop Ohio, Indiana . Michigan not quite ripe yet.

Wheres the bulls on this sight hard to find one. CX throw up a chart and see where this things going. What happend to Mizzo must have a massive crop coming and dont want the anyone to know.

Weather due to change mid month well see

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

Re: So what is the truth about this crop and holiday lows

[ Edited ]

have u seen this? : http://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/smcd/emb/vci/VH/vh_browse.php

compare to other years --what does it say to u?

Also cat, could be an irregular flat correction on Dec weekly

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

also cat--more than 1 truth

crop prodution and price are not completely fixed on one another--see my post from last night. thx.

Advisor
425Cat

Not sure how to interrpt ,  however vegetation looks a little light for the 6th of July. Be nice to compare to 2011 and 12

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

425Cat,

that's entire point of satellite visual---to compare going back to 2005.....should be able to pull up site from link--dates r at top of page

http://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/smcd/emb/vci/VH/vh_browse.php

try it again...delta is stark.......some might be due to drought last yr (loss of trees????)

what do you think?

thx,

c-x-1 

Contributor
brokefarmer

well i was wondering what this corn price was going to do in the fall?  on the farm in arizona i can plant milo in the next couple of weeks and harvest it in nov or dec possiblly in october. have a 55 day to mid bloom i planted last year that i really liked. is it worth the gamble and see if prices increase in the fall. I have a feeling that a weather event will occur and give us a short crop in the corn belt, if it hasn't already started. but rabo bank says 4 dollar corn and 9 dollar beans. i am confused!  i have read alllot of post on here and sounds like to me there is more bad crops out there than good ones. in oklahoma they are paying 1.50 above market right now for corn. we had 0 basis on wheat at harvest. looks like to me that there maybe a shortage in supply?  talking to a friend and he told me they are paying premium on cotton above the market right now when china has the largest cotton supplyin the world, makes me wonder what is going on. i wonder how many forward contracts will get filled on the prevented planting acres, is this why some are trying to get the market to go down? so they can get out of there contracts.  i have read articles that some of the big operations haven't filled contracts from two years ago at 4 dollar contracts they just roll them over to the next year. because of a short harvest. 

Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

BF; I do not believe it is the Prevented Planting acres that will be the difference.

It is and will always will be about the failed and just crappy acres. The western cornbelt is still experiencing a drought of epic porpotions (3rd year in a row). The single most productive corn and bean area in the USA had a heart attack this spring and recovery is not possible this year. (this is where the difference will be)

I am taking today off and have decided to go for a drive up through some of the same area I went through several weeks ago, just to see and confirm for myself all is not "rosey" . (I'm not taking a pair of those famous rose colored South Podunk Industries glasses with me either. )  Corn around here was suffering in yesterdays heat and wind, lots of it starting to look like onion patches and less than waist high.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

Cat,

looks like 18-20 mil ac pretty bare in the heart. that is 15% + tot US -- add another 5-10% b/c it's in highest yielding area.

so, what do you think....still awaiting your comparison to prev yrs. and assess..  thx.

c-x-1