Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Contributor
Iurii

Some explanations to what is the reason of the mess between Russia and Ukraine

Gentlemen,

I have a feeling that I must explain some basic things concerning the current geopolitics.

The principal question is: why Russia is invading Ukraine regardless of the huge corresponding losses in the human force?

The answer is: China. The population of Russia is about 140 mln people of which 120 mln live in the European part (from Baltic to Ural mountains). This means that from Ural to the Barings strait there remains only 20 mln people. Moreover, this means that the density of population over there is far less than in Alaska.

Now look that across the Russian border with China there live more than 200 mln Chinese who is scare of land. And China considers the Siberia as its historical territory. And the Siberia and the Far East of Russia are rich (or far more) as Klondike.

Russia is scared of China to the end. One of the last maneuvers showed that it takes about a month to relocate a tank division from the European part of Russia to the Far East. Just imagine what will happen if China cross the border. There practically no human force to defend Siberia.

So when the conflict began and there aroused refugees that preferred to escape from the battlefields in Ukraine to Russia the latter started to move them to the remote and the least populated areas. Actually these people just deserved it: they wanted Russia – they got it! No sympathy.

OK, what about Ukraine in this context? The population of Ukraine is about 40-45 mln people and most of the population is well educated. The former USSR military industry is also concentrated in Ukraine. Just keep in mind that the intercontinental ballistic missiles with the nuke warheads are manufactured in Ukraine in Dniepropetrovsk. The large tank plant is in Kharkiv as well as the plant for manufacturing the missile navigation systems, the biggest in the former USSR military shipyard is in Mykolaiv, the chopper and jet engines plant in Zaporizhya.

And Ukraine after throwing down its corrupted leader Yanukovich expressed the desire to move towards the civilized world.

Russia has become scared to death: what will be if the new ties with the NATO, the EU and the USA come to the cut of military supplies to Russia which is completely dependent on the military industry of Ukraine?

And Russia is a dictatorship. There is now no democratic institution in Russia. One crazy man rules the country with the nukes.

I am not an American as you can see. But believe me I have read a lot of books about the Western civilization. Just few months ago I wanted to compare the current situation here with the Civil war in the USA: the rebellious states wanted to leave the Federation (by the way they had the constitutional right to do this). But the Abraham Lincoln looked decades forward: the USA must be the united country. And the rebellious regions of Ukraine have no legal rights to do the same.

Now I would like you to imagine that the UK claims that the USA is the integral part of the UK and sends the troops to the USA to “restore the historical rights of the Crown”. What would be your response?

Ukrainian people had tasted the freedom and do not want to live under the colonial regime of the dying Russian Empire. They are anxious to fight. And they do not ask Europeans or Americans to send their military forces to Ukraine. The only request is: send us please the modern weapon to fight aggressor. All the rest we will do ourselves.

By the way, Ukraine has already warned Russia that in case of the further invasion it will (probably it has been already done) deliver to the US all the secret information about the Russian ICBMs.

Community Manager
marketeye

Re: Some explanations to what is the reason of the mess between Russia and Ukraine

Iurii,

Thanks for stoppin and clarifying your points from the eloquently-written story about the current issues in the Black Sea Region. This is very informative. I know you didn't mention it in this post, but I want folks to know that Iurii will be updating us further on the impacts to Ukraine's agricultural sector, following an upcoming meeting soon.

Thanks,

Mike

Advisor
Red Steele

Re: Some explanations to what is the reason of the mess between Russia and Ukraine

[ Edited ]

A good story, but it's open to discussion and argument on whether Abraham Lincoln saw the future and took action or whether he just got caught up in the agnostical flow of history. Some of my friends will argue that Lincoln was a Mt. Rushmore hero and some will call him "The American Lenin". I will have to side with my friends. Christians fighting Christians is a sad event, no matter what the historical reason. Especially when we have enough examples of pure evil going amok in the world right now.

"Peace on earth would mean the end of civilization as we know it" Joseph Heller
Advisor
WCMO

Seems like Russia needs Ukraine, but Ukraine does not need Russia.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln
Veteran Advisor
BA Deere

[ Edited ]

This is just an observation of a guy that lives in the sticks with too many Dogs, but Putin seems to defend ahem...traditional values for his country.  Hillary and Brezezinski (CFR members)  vilify Putin, which is understandable because Putin is against their "new world order".

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2014/03/19/355259/putin-puts-fear-of-god-in-nwo/ 

We talk about "dictators" that are "ruthless" but are they a product of the country that they run?  With Gadafi and Sadam Hussien, bad men no doubt but after they were toppled it seemed something worse, the Muslim brotherhood filled the vacuum.  With Russia, they have had a mafia problem, not something for Aunt Emma and her tennis shoes to handle.

anyway just my 2¢

Don`t redistribute my wealth, redistribute my work ethic.
Senior Contributor
hardnox

Thanks for the update, lurii.

Unfortunately as you can see there is a substantial portion of those in US "agriculture" who prefer a white dictator to a black elected president.

Probably high time to cut off their subsidies, really give 'em something to grab their guns and rally on the village green about.

Veteran Advisor
BA Deere

Here you go Nox, sign the petition.

http://www.runbenrun.org/adpetition3?recruiter_id=318839 

Don`t redistribute my wealth, redistribute my work ethic.
Senior Contributor
elcheapo

Thank you for your unique insight
"From the front lines"
I have not seen this prospective, but
It is quite interesting.
Normally supplying the "requested "
Supplies would not be a problem, but
Here is the concern...what if another
Plane is shot out of the sky or a school
Is hit and hundreds of kids killed.
in all of this, say they find part of the
Middle which has "made in the USA".

Second, this is a no blink situation. Putin must
Match or better our moves.....which could
Putt all of us in a bad place.

Veteran Contributor
booked

Contributor
Iurii

Now I begin to understand what the "Infowar is" - a big heap of lies. It is completely in accordance with the teaching of Adolf Hitler:

...in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying.
—Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, vol. I, ch. X

There is a very little truth in what this guy says. Ukraine had not grabbed Russian pipelines since all oil and gas pipelines in Ukraine are owned by the Ukrainian state. Ukraine had not grabbed the Russian port on the Black sea (probably he ment Sevastopol) because it was Ukrainian and Russia only partially leased it for its Black sea Navy. Ukraine had not grabbed Russian oil refineries: there were some disputes over the clarity of transaction about only one oil refinery. And the least lie all others is that Russia owned oil fields in Ukraine for centuries (500 as he stated). Actually oil as a fuel is used 150 years at most. So Russia could not own oil fields in Ukraine for centuries.Actually the extraction of crude oil in the East Ukraine began only in 1936 under the USSR (not Russia).

And it is really worth to read the article in Wikipeadia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incident_at_Pristina_airport) about the Incident in Pristina airport because the guy purposely distorts it.