Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

This noon's pictures

From right here in Hobbyville, South Podunk Country, Iowa.

ResizedImage_1377625401840.jpg

ResizedImage_1377625414160.jpg

This corn was planted on the afternoon of the 13th of May. 111 day corn.

106 days ago. Not going to be a record yield on this field.

Things are a cookin today. 93 degrees, 47% humidity, 20 mph wind with gusts more than that.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Veteran Contributor
farm-n-hawk

Re: This noon's pictures and the "song" I hear my crops singing

I fell into a burn'n ring a fire

Went down, down, down and the flames ur get,n higher

and it burns, burns, burns

that ring a fire, that ring a fire.

Advisor
c-x-1

Re: This noon's pictures

give us your best guess on yield in that field Hobby - May 13 - wow-some of the earliest planted corn.

thanks,

c-x-1

Senior Advisor
ECIN

[ Edited ]

my documtims 045.jpg

This is what i woke up this morning !! 

Oh --- wait  !!!  I must have been dreaming about Jenny's forecast --- :smileysurprised: 

Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

First it is the "New Kansas", now I suppose it is the new 'Iceland"?

I'll bet if we drain you down a few quarts we would find out your eyes are really blue?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Senior Contributor
Longcreekfarms

Dam hobby. I planted 112 and 114 day hybrids and they are still green all the way down to within a foot of dirt. A lot of miles between us but a hell of a difference. Sure that isn't your Kansas corn photos? I mean "real" Kansas.
Btw, cleaning out my last bin of the yellow stuff to make room for new. Boys are hauling mostly from 300 miles away as they cant find any old corn here either... Those chickens still have to eat though.
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

LCF: most of my corn is mostly green too. This is on good soil, but too well drained with a sand base and it is out of gas.

We really need a decent rain right away or the combines will roll early on some of this stuff.

Headed out in one of the next couple of days on a "head hunt" for something with hyd deck plates. Going to need them this year.

Also I might keep an open eye out for a baler, seem to be in need one of those suddenly too.

With a 99 heat index the wife has ordered me to leave the grain vac parked.

Senior Contributor
hanktbd

Hobby, I have a bunch of corn planted that same date just now starting to dent. How far along was that corn before the heat hit. Looks like maybe some bottom ground with some sand or gravel underlay?

Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

It was in full dent before this weekend. Never had wet feet-itis so was never slowed down. It is usually the best yielding part of the field.

Frequent Contributor
basset&co

hobby, his contanct lens are probably tinted blue   :smileywink: