Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

Time to buy wheat.

The most undervalued grain in the market.  

The normal (in recent years) time for the market to realize problems is in August.  Will we wait that long to admit that China may have noticed a bargain before we did?

sw
Veteran Contributor
fringeacres

Re: Time to buy wheat.

Soft red wheat they say is great. The worse thing for srw. Too much rain after heading.  Even the wheat savior has problems

Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

Re: Time to buy wheat.

[ Edited ]

image002.png

sw
Senior Contributor
pritchh

Re: Time to buy wheat. or what if

Isn't the risk, after a few yrs of various Wx problems, we see a trendline yield yr or more?

Helpful chart BTW thx.

Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

Re: Time to buy wheat. or what if

Pritch ----------- I want to say thanks for the SRW info and perspective.  I can loose perspective in the hrw problems-------

I am not sure of timing-- because almost every year wheat staggers into harvest and a lot of wheat goes for quick sale.  The harvest reality sets in in August when we know what 60+% of the worlds yields are.

But rarely is wheat this cheap in relation to the other grains,  The midwestern crop is reflected on the graph-------- the ksu crop tour down played half of the tour-- etc etc etc.

I think issues in corn may propel wheat a little earlier than normal.  There is no waiting for protein samples from the SW.  It is brown now.  And the amount of water that can be waisted on this crop is minimal.

sw