Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Today's photo

Took this this afternoon in north central Iowa.. Saw many many fields like this.

ResizedImage_1377742731405.jpg

320 acres of nubbins. Doing a row and kernal count would be a joke here. might work if you used a popcorn formula.

Many beans in trouble, Some fields lots of yellow areas. 12 to 15 inches high and DONE. The later planted corn appears better than the early stuff in many areas. At least more potential left.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Contributor
Amarion36

Re: Today's photo

your corn crop is growing good and looking healthy in this picture.I hope it will give you reasonable profit. Best of luck

Senior Contributor
Longcreekfarms

I'm gonna join ECIN on this one... Just shake my head here! Thinking 90 bu maybe?
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Ok guys here is the rest of the story...

Yesterday I went on a machinery hunting trip.

Left home and traveled I80 west to hwy 59 north to Cherokee, Ia.

The way up showed some slight problems here and there but pretty good till north of Denision.

From there on north more variability.

From Cherokee I dropped back to hwy 20 and took it west to Fort Dodge then south 169 to South Podunk country. The whole trip back across hwy20 was a sad look at Mother Natures power to be in charge. Way too wet early and now burning up. Bet it is still an above 'ave' moisture year but the second half of the growing season drought is firmly in charge.

That above picture is a good representation of at least 50% of the fields I saw for a hundred miles. Half to 2/3 of a normal crop is being produced. The beans are all over the map as far as condition.

The majority of the corn is past help. 90% of the beans could be helped with a immediate rain. That % is dropping every day with out a rain.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."