Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Senior Advisor
Shaggy98
Accepted Solution

US Farm Report

Anyone else watch US Farm Report this morning? Mike Florez and Mark Gold have two completely different views of this corn market, and they were both guests at the same time. They started to argue at the end of their on air segment and Al Pell had to almost interrupt so it didn't escalate. Very funny. My point being, two professional brokers in the marketing industry with two completely different views. They've got no idea where we're heading, but each will gladly take your money and tell you their plan is the correct one. No need to tell you which one was the bull and which one was the bear, I think most of you already know.
Senior Advisor
BA Deere

Re: US Farm Report

Thanks alot Shaggy, way to spoil it for us!  It doesn`t come on til 9am here..now there`s no point in watching!  Just kiddin`:smileyvery-happy:  Is Mark Gold the bear? He was on the radio saying something about his formula being if 2/3rds of the grain is held in the farmer`s hands then it`s bearish, I supose that`s where he gets his "Top third Marketing" schtick.

"Courage is fear that has said it`s prayers"
Senior Advisor
Shaggy98

Oops hit the solutions button, sorry. You nailed it on the head BA, Gold said as long as grain is in the hands of the producer, we are out of control of the price. Yes he is the bear. I didn't spoil it for you, even if you know what's going to happen it's worth watching. Just to bad the info is worth more as entertainment than marketing advice. Have a good one.
Senior Contributor
bkadds

**bleep** farmers holding onto grain! Gold said that as long as farmers hold the price will not rise--they are the ones who produced it and took on the risk so they should be the ones to benefit.
Senior Advisor
BA Deere

"We`re doing business at 7.",  was said by Florez and reaffirmed Mark Gold, was the quote that jumped out at me.  I honestly thank God for every bear out there and should send each one a bottle of Crown Royal for the yeomans work they perform, for without a pied piper leading those to sales below $5 there would be less sales above $7.  However the bears can never be allowed to gain dominance like 10 years ago or we will lose "price integrity", just like a pair of Oakley sunglasses never goes "on sale", we can`t allow a chronicle bearish tone in the market, because as a farmer you are always "long" unless you`re one of those that sell 3 yrs out.  Jm2¢

"Courage is fear that has said it`s prayers"