Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Advisor
jrsiajdranch

Usda is lying.............

About demand!

WHo needs facts? I feel this way so I am justified in saying it. I also talk to many folks in all parts of animal agriculture so my sources are as valid as all you guys sources about empty grain bins. My sources say sow farms are closing, feedlots are empty, and we have record low cow inventories. Dairy cattle slaughter is still running way above average.

SO?

Why don't any of you guys ever think to say Usda might be lying about demand?

Oh yea E plants I forgot tjhe salvation of the 4x4 dude and the demise of the livestock industry!

ANd just so I don't seem to slanted I better not forget the big teat sucker Bio-diesel.

Frequent Contributor
noreaster

Disagree and Agree

USDA just doing their job, albeit I question the motivation sometimes...

Livestock is the back-bone of the ag economy and is in huge trouble in my area too.  There are so many questions without answers as to how this will end, but it's nothing new.  Gramps said, "BOY, IT NEVER WAS EASY AND NEVER WILL BE EASY, SO MAKE YOUR DAMNED MIND UP AND GET TO WORK....HEAD FIRST"....  I still try to live by that statement.

I for one have both livestock and cash-crop, and am very happy with how things are going.  I've had to alter my managment style and thinking that past 4 years but overall things are better now.  There are two types of farmers here, those that are flourishing and those that are pissed because of how the whole world is against them.  Guess who's moving FORWARD???

Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Re: Disagree and Agree

colorfull birds.jpg

USDA employee before the report

rough summer.jpg

USDA employee after the report

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Frequent Contributor
noreaster

:smileylol:

lmao

Senior Advisor
ECIN

I agree with yeah Jr. - I think they lied too ! if anything they could be alittle low on useage and on harvested acres , man i would hate to see your rant --- about nothing , if they would have told the truth --- lol

Maybe some day soon the price on corn will go down some so you can go pizz and moan about fence prices .

Senior Contributor
NDf

Re: Usda is lying.............

Well since the feed demand no isn't actually measured. but is determined by what is left over after the known demand from ethanol and exports are subtracted from the quarterly disapperance who knows if its right or not.It doesn't matter what matters is the stocks number.

Veteran Contributor
farmerinontaro

[ Edited ]

jrs go back to milking your cows. 

If you think cash crop farming is so wonderful, and you can't make money on your cows; then get out of them and try cash crop.

See how you do with half a crop or yield?

Guys like you, corn will never be cheap enough....

$4/bu = TOO MUCH

$3/bu= STILL OVERPRICED

$2/bu = CANT BREAK EVEN YET

$1/bu = NOW WE ARE GETTING CLOSER

$0/bu = THATS WHERE I WANT IT...

Veteran Contributor
semndairyguy

Well JR, they lie about supply too, so what's the big deal here? I can remember a report a year or two ago that the USDA had a NEGATIVE residual for soybeans, WTF, how do you get a negative residual? I mean either you have/used "x" number of beans or the number should be ZERO. But things like feed usage in corn and residual in beans are the balance accounts USDA uses to make the numbers come out thet way they want them too. USDA has figured too high a corn crop all year, so NOW they had to start making the number work, so guess what, MORE corn was FED! One can only LTFAO at these comic strips. But they are what the traders trade sooo.......

Advisor
jrsiajdranch

HEy slacker good to see ya stopped sluffing off and are getting beack to work! LOL

That was my point all these guys are pizz'n and moan'n about USDA lied on harvested acres, USDA lie\ed about actuall yield yada..... yada......... yada.......

Well it is what it is!

Yea the feed usage guess is the most STOOOPID guess of all. but so what?

I have pointed out many times why it is a lie. but lets not let facts get in the way of emotion!

Advisor
jrsiajdranch

Noreaster great statement by your grandpa!

I agree not mad at the world at all. Anybody who knows me knows I am one of the most positive guys out there.

I have made HUUUUUGE changes to make thiw thing work. My biggest change is coming in just a few weeks. I'll let ya know someday how it works out.  Most guys wouldn't even begin to have the balls to make this change.