Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Senior Contributor
Wind

Very interesting radar

The rain is moving from East to West across Iowa.  That direction is not very common.  The forecast is not exactly dry, however warmer.

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

Re: Very interesting radar

a look at the US surface map shows the cluster of 3 different types of frontal boundaries within about 700 mi of each other....... 2 moving, 1 not. 

Then you've got 1 H and 2 L gradients in vicinity.

All I know, is Mother N. is in charge and and the people trying to forecast from day to day or out 1-2 weeks have their heads-a-spinnin'.

need to change my handle to dry-line:smileyhappy:

Community Manager
marketeye

[ Edited ]

As of Saturdaynight, it has either been snowing heavily or raining heavily since Wednesday night. Moisture galore yes, but planting delays definitely. There won't be a wheel turning in most of Iowa until late next week, mark my words. Maybe later. Who cares? I don't know. Maybe somebody cares. Marketeye.

By the way, if you have a half desire to do well in your marketing plan this year, make note of this comment made Saturday by this well respected analyst:

"‪I am reducing my projections for 2013 corn acres and yield this week. I am dropping my projection for planted corn acres by 1.5 million acres and taking my projected national average corn yield down by 1 bushel per acre to 154 bushels per acre. This would project a total corn crop of about 13.4 to 13.8 billion bushels. For soybeans, I am increasing the planted acreage by 1 million acres to 78.1 million acres. I will stay with a projected yield of 43.5 bushels per acres. This works out to a total 2013 soybean crop of about 3.2 to 3.4 billion bushels.‬"

interrad-4.gif

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

thanks Mike