Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Senior Contributor
rswfarms

WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING TO THE CORN MARKET??????????

Say, I was away from my CBOT Corn Prices for most of the morning. Up 39 cents?????????????????????????? What the hell is happening to cause this?????? I feel like an idiot not to know what is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Senior Advisor
ECIN

Re: WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING TO THE CORN MARKET??????????

[ Edited ]

I just read that China and other countrys  found some kind of disease  or fungus in there corn that they got from S.A. and are haveing to dump it -- bottom line is that they are sending there ship's this way to buy our corn -  Traders are worried that we will run out of corn by mid summer .

Advisor
WCMO

[ Edited ]

Funny, thought we were running out of corn by mid-summer anyway!

Before last big report, supplies tight-tight-tight -- then USDA says not really, although we all think they're wrong, and price drops like a rock. Go figure.

Last week, not getting any corn planted, nobody seems to care.  Go figure. Sold a few beans - should have held onto those, too - just splittin my bets.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln
Senior Contributor
rswfarms

Hey, thanks for the information ECIN/WCMO. Boy things can change on a dime!!!!!!!!

Veteran Advisor
BA Deere

Mr Bow Tie was on .arket to market saying how bearish everthing was. Last week i was ready to pitch a tent in the bear camp and pull the trjgger on a dab of nc corn @ $5ish then i remembered thats what they want me to do now here we are up 30 cents...its a pyschological game

We shouldn`t have to light a candle to see the Sun.
Senior Advisor
kraft-t

Yeah, it's a conspiracy, alright.  Which will come first? $8 corn or $8 beans?

Advisor
WCMO

[ Edited ]

My 2 cents are on $8 corn.  Don't see much information that's all that different from last week.  Somebody just woke up over the weekend.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln
Senior Contributor
Farmerjoe79

I will say 9 dollar corn will come first.
Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

rsw-what kind of a topic for a thread is this

------hopefully you are not really being serious---- HA,HA,HA.

---------------- YOU HAVE A QUICK, DRY WIT!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Contributor
rswfarms

Re: WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING TO THE CORN MARKET??/C-X-1/Gambling Stocks

Yes C-X-1, and wouldn't you know it, I am down to just my 23,000 bushels of Gambling Stocks I try to carry into Spring Planting every year just for the fun of it!!!!!!!!!! Oh well, I actually sold a good Chunk of corn when Cash Corn hit over $8. So, at least my rough MEDIAN/AVERAGE Total corn price should be ok. As you know, your average selling price for your entire 2012 corn crop is all that matters anyway.